El Yucateco Kutbil Ik

deangold

Just as a hypothetical, say you are at a pupuseria in Wheaton, late at night, after a loing week preparing Passover dinner for 200 or so. Your arm hurts from rolling 250 gefilte fish balls and an equal number of matzoh balls, your head huts, etc. Just suppose.... Then your taco de lengua arrives and you think, "My, wouldn't a few drops of El Yucateco regular Habanero sauce, the one with the Scoville of 9000 or so be good on this taco." Just a few drops.

I would strongly suggest that you actually pick up that bottle and use just a few drops. Do not pick up the bottle marked "Exxxtra Hot" Kutbil Ik and pour on two tablespoons and then eat it. If you do, and again, this is purely hypothetical, images of dearly departed loved ones offering to lead you over a bridge may float before your eyes, your shot of El Cazadores tequila may take on strange flavors nd sem not to have any alcahol in it, your morning coffee may taste a little funny and your wife may have to apply her makeup in the bedroom mirror so as not to block access to the bathroom. She may also be wearing a pair of earplugs.

I would say "11,600 scoville, my ass!", but that phrase is especially painful for the next few days or so.

Just as a hypothetical, say you are at a pupuseria in Wheaton, late at night, after a loing week preparing Passover dinner for 200 or so. Your arm hurts from rolling 250 gefilte fish balls and an equal number of matzoh balls, your head huts, etc. Just suppose.... Then your taco de lengua arrives and you think, "My, wouldn't a few drops of El Yucateco regular Habanero sauce, the one with the Scoville of 9000 or so be good on this taco." Just a few drops.

I would strongly suggest that you actually pick up that bottle and use just a few drops. Do not pick up the bottle marked "Exxxtra Hot" Kutbil Ik and pour on two tablespoons and then eat it. If you do, and again, this is purely hypothetical, images of dearly departed loved ones offering to lead you over a bridge may float before your eyes, your shot of El Cazadores tequila may take on strange flavors nd sem not to have any alcahol in it, your morning coffee may taste a little funny and your wife may have to apply her makeup in the bedroom mirror so as not to block access to the bathroom. She may also be wearing a pair of earplugs.

I would say "11,600 scoville, my ass!", but that phrase is especially painful for the next few days or so.

While you probably didn't find this particularly amusing (especially the next morning), this was hilarious. I think we've all done something similar with similar results

What I want to know is, why, when faced with a taco with enough hot sauce to do damage to 37 normal people, one still says to one's self... "ahhh hell, I'll just eat it anyways. Only a wuss would pick up a fork and scrape some off....."