Cold Office Breakfasts

DanCole42

So because I'm a good manager (read: Michael Scott), every other week we have an office-wide meeting where everyone takes turns bringing in breakfast. It's a great morale booster, and it wastes about an hour of time.

It's my turn on Thursday.

Now, lots of people just bring in donuts, fruit, bagels, etc. Some people (like me) try and show off their baking chops. I'm tired of doing biscuits and cupcakes and pound cake, though.

I have $45 and 15 people to feed. What are some other cold or room temperature dishes I might consider bringing in?

So because I'm a good manager (read: Michael Scott), every other week we have an office-wide meeting where everyone takes turns bringing in breakfast. It's a great morale booster, and it wastes about an hour of time.

Now, lots of people just bring in donuts, fruit, bagels, etc. Some people (like me) try and show off their baking chops. I'm tired of doing biscuits and cupcakes and pound cake, though.

I have $45 and 15 people to feed. What are some other cold or room temperature dishes I might consider bringing in?

Stop by The Cereal Bowl and bring in nine bowls of cereal. :lol:

Quiches or frittatas

Make a variety of quiche cups, baked in foil paper via a muffin tin. Some with meat, some without, various veggies, a good selection.

You could also do a room-temp breakfast quinoa (or oat groats or other grain) featuring dried fruits and maple-sweetened milk, but that might be a little "granola" for non-granola types (pun intended).

But speaking of granola, bars made from a homemade recipe could be a rockstar option.

Quiche cups and granola bars. That's my vote.

Oh, and what about a breakfast pizza? How does that taste when cold or room temp?

Does your office not have a microwave?

Fruit tart? Dunno if that fits into your other baked items you've done before. Those are delicious cold with a vanilla custard, and if you make a special crust like graham crackers, oreos or something.

If you do a quiche... you could do candied bacon as a topping.

To me, nothing beats smoked salmon with potato bagels and a make-it-yourself assortment of capers, sliced red onions, sliced tomatoes, chopped cooked eggs, and cream cheese. Put it out like a buffet and to each his own. Those who don't like smoked salmon can just slather cream cheese and capers on their bagel.

Quail Creek Farm made this Bacon and Cheese scones that sound like it would be a hit with your party, with your variation.

I'm inclined to go with the homemade granola + yogurt bit for some of the females who like lighter fare in the morning, with a bowl of fruit salad on the side for everyone (and those to put in the granola).

Maybe you can cook oatmeal or grits in a crockpot and bring that too?

So what did you make Dan?

On another note, were you a good boss and shower your staff with goodies this week?

I had a shitty day and didn't feel like making anything, so I bought stuff from Wegman's. :lol:

As for this week (and I assume you're referring to it being Administrative Professionals Day yesterday???), I actually did better than showering them with goodies: I stayed out of the office for three days so they wouldn't have to deal with me. :D

As for this week (and I assume you're referring to it being Administrative Professionals Day yesterday???), I actually did better than showering them with goodies: I stayed out of the office for three days so they wouldn't have to deal with me. :lol:

The nicest gift of all :D At least that is what our office staff thinks.