2006 Sterling SVR Reserve

Joe H

I am sipping this wine as I type this. It is an excellent CA cab that Sterling's own website notes a selling price of $73.00 for the '05. http://shop.sterlingvineyards.com/SterlingVineyardsReserveSVRNapaValley05 The Wine Chateau in NJ is selling it as a kind of a closeout special for $26.97 including shipping and without tax for the '06. Phenominal value, phenominal!!!! Worth posting on here and letting other people know about it after I've already picked off my own two cases. I should also note that I placed the order on Thursday and it showed up at my door today, Friday. Just a GREAT $26.00 Friday night wine!!

http://www.winechateau.com/sku23911.html

This is also a comment on what the winery believes the value of the wine is (i.e. $73.00), what the local outlet believes it is (i.e. $49.99) and the price point that people will buy it at, i.e. $26.97 with free shipping and no tax.

There are bargains on wine today. This is one.

Joe, Thank you for positing this. And the others (I really enjoyed the Simi you mentioned previously)

I also tried that Simi and really enjoyed it. Based on that experience I'm inclined to try this as well, but a case is a bit much for me. If anyone's interested in splitting a case and can pick up from Rosslyn, PM me.

I also tried that Simi and really enjoyed it. Based on that experience I'm inclined to try this as well, but a case is a bit much for me. If anyone's interested in splitting a case and can pick up from Rosslyn, PM me.

The Simi Landslide has a year or so of bottle age (in my house) on it now and is really drinking nicely. This is more of a bordeaux style wine but really, really smooth. From the perspective of value this is easily as good. It really drinks like a wine that could/did cost twice as much.

I am adding this from Sunday evening: I feel like I am a shill for the Wine Chateau!!!! I just shared a bottle (@55 degrees-first bottle properly served) with two neighbors just after opening a bottle of the Simi Landslide. Incredible. I cannot tell you what a value the '06 Sterling SVR Reserve is for this price. Along with them we must now be the Wine Chateau's best customers for this wine. It will be interesting when others begin to report on it...