DC Slices, Pizza Truck in DC

Initial report: $4 per slice, $5 with drink. $2.50 for gatorade (size unknown).

Here is what they claim:

We use fresh rolled dough, homemade sauce, hand grated cheeses, flavorful toppings: our pizza is baked right inside the truck and served to you as it comes out of the oven

Here are my First impressions of their cheese slice:

• Very different from the neopolitan styles;
  • Modeling after NY style pizza, so it does have a nice, symmetric fold;
  • Hand-grated cheese has nice greasy sheen of napkin-soppable oil (was indeed dabbed off);
  • Homemade sauce had canned flavor to it, but not sure because I didn't ask questions (I will give them one more try, so I will ask more next time);
  • Fresh rolled dough tasted like they didn't make the dough themselves, as it sort of tasted like the pre-made dough I used from Trader Joes. (again, need to ask questions).

Not sure worth $4 a slice, as it brought back memories of hot lunches at the school cafeteria, but I am curious as to how they are making their pizza. Spoiled by Pupatella and Radius this week, I am having a :-( lunch.

Not sure worth $4 a slice, as it brought back memories of hot lunches at the school cafeteria, but I am curious as to how they are making their pizza. Spoiled by Pupatella and Radius this week, I am having a :-( lunch.

I've had two slices and a drink from them, and would generally agree with your take. Nothing noteworthy that I experienced, beyond the nice fresh basil. There are much better street food options around. Maybe they'll improve.

The pizza reminded me of the cardboard pizza you would get at a county fair or a skating rink, which sure has better memories for me than mall pizza. The crust is almost innocuous, in that it is bland and does not get in the way, but acts more as a delivery device for the sauce and cheese which are the stars of this pizza. The real treat were the freshly fried tater tots that were not a fancified version of the cafeteria staple, but a good honest-to-goodness fried potato treat. Does the food make me want to forsake some of the better pizza joints that have popped up as of late? Hell no, but when you work in NoMa you take what you can get and this sure beats any of the pizza sold in Union Station.