Moe's Southwest Grill, Fast-Food Burrito Chain

Only new additions to the options mentioned above are a Quizno's and Moe's Southwest Grille.
Has anyone tried the Moe's Southwest Grille? I went to one in Alabama this summer that was a stand-alone establishment and thought it was fine, in a Baja Fresh sort of way. They're also putting one in in my 'hood of Mt. Vernon / South Alexandria. I was wondering what other folks had experienced.

Has anyone tried the Moe's Southwest Grille?  I went to one in Alabama this summer that was a stand-alone establishment and thought it was fine, in a Baja Fresh sort of way.  They're also putting one in in my 'hood of Mt. Vernon / South Alexandria.  I was wondering what other folks had experienced.

There's another Moe's at Bailey's Crossroads (near my office) and I've tried it a couple of times. We also get carry out for the office once in a while. It's not bad, but not great. In the food court you're spared the "Welcome to Moe's!" shout that goes up every time someone walks in the front door.

They have the usual Tex-Mex fare, only with silly names, like the Pinky Tuscadero and the Low Talker. Everything's made to order as you walk down the line, so it's fresh, just not very interesting. Given a choice, I prefer Baja Fresh, but I don't mind a quesadilla or soft taco from Moe's once in a while.

Has anyone tried the Moe's Southwest Grille?  I went to one in Alabama this summer that was a stand-alone establishment and thought it was fine, in a Baja Fresh sort of way.  They're also putting one in in my 'hood of Mt. Vernon / South Alexandria.  I was wondering what other folks had experienced.

I've been to the Leesburg location and I'd rank it behind Baja Fresh and Chipotle. And probably several other similar places I haven't been to yet. I just really didn't like it very much. I remember everything tasting the same.

Honestly, I went to Moe's Southwest Grill today simply because this thread has been sitting there, on the last page of the forum, for three years. I'd never been before, and was wondering why nobody had written anything about it. Now I know why: It's because there's nothing to discuss. A Homewrecker ($6.89) wasn't "horrible," so much as it was completely generic, like something you'd get at a mall food court, or at Disneyworld.

Over the past few years, I've tried burritos at Burrito Brothers (which was actually good ten years ago), Baja Fresh, Chipotle Grill, California Tortilla, Qdoba Mexican Grill, and maybe a few other generic chains, and I think Moe's Southwest Grill is somewhere towards the bottom in terms of quality.

One thing that disturbed me was how many families were in there with small children, chowing down on quesadillas, chips, burritos, etc. While I'm not going to sit here and preach, I do hope those parents are at least aware of what they're feeding their kids. For example, if you go to their website, click on "Menu," then "Nutrition," then "Burritos," then "Homewrecker," you'll be able to fill in the parameters of my lunch today: Flour Tortilla, Pork, Pinto Beans, Rice, Cheese, Guacamole, Sour Cream, Pico de Gallo, Lettuce, Side of Chips.

Once you've done that you'll have the nutritional breakdown of my burrito:

1265 calories

81% of RDA of fat

93% of RDA of saturated fat

117% of RDA of sodium

Enough said,

Rocks.

P.S. In 2007, Moe's Southwest Grill was acquired by Focus Brands, franchiser and operator of over 2,200 food outlets including Moe's Southwest Grill, Carvel, Cinnabon, Seattle's Best Coffee, and Schlotzky's. Is it any wonder the food here is like it is?

I've been to the Leesburg location and I'd rank it behind Baja Fresh and Chipotle. And probably several other similar places I haven't been to yet. I just really didn't like it very much. I remember everything tasting the same.

We used to get carryout here occassionally back when they gave out buy one get one free coupons all the time. I'd only eat there if it was half price. The Nachos aren't bad but honetly Baja Fresh and Chipotle are better.