Take Out Options in Del Ray / Old Town

The Doctor

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some take out options for a dinner Tuesday evening. The location is a house near the Braddock Road Metro station, so the Old Town and Del Ray areas are well within reach.

Probably pizza is the safest bet, but we're certainly open to other worthwhile options. There will be a party of 5 or 6.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some take out options for a dinner Tuesday evening. The location is a house near the Braddock Road Metro station, so the Old Town and Del Ray areas are well within reach.

Probably pizza is the safest bet, but we're certainly open to other worthwhile options. There will be a party of 5 or 6.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Fish and chips at Eamonn's

Wood-fired tarts at Brabo Tasting Room

Sandwiches at Zorkafor's Sandveg

Indian at Bombay Curry Company

Pizza at Cafe Pizzaiolo

Taquitos at Del Merei Grille

Cheeses at Cheesetique

Ice Cream at The Dairy Godmother

Also, La Piazza (right at the Braddock Road Station) - for Italian.

Hard Times on King Street - for quarts, half-gallons, and gallons of chili.

I second the Cafe Pizzaiolo suggestion - just ask them to leave the pies in a few extra minutes -sometimes they come out a little less done than ideal. It's still very good pizza either way!

Another vote for Cafe Pizzaiolo. It's easy for Mr. MV to take a small detour along Mt. Vernon Ave on his way home from work. We usually get the NY-style meatball pizza and the large Greek salad. I preheat the oven before he gets home and allow the pizza to stay warm and get the crust crisp again. Only half of the pizza actually-it's so big.

The best part is knowing that lunch the next day is....more pizza.

Second the vote for Hard Times Chili. We make a salad while some pasta cooks and in 20 minutes, it's dinner.

Hi folks,

I didn't get a chance to try these recommendations ... YET.

It turns out Tuesday's final choice was Radius pizza from Mt. Pleasant. That was our driver's point of origin.

However, this dinner is a recurring event, so I am sure to make use of your suggestions in the future -- likely starting with Pizzaiolo.

Again, all the feedback was greatly appreciated.

However, this dinner is a recurring event, so I am sure to make use of your suggestions in the future -- likely starting with Pizzaiolo.

If the group is open to dining out, you may want to try Pizziaolo's 2 for 1 pizzas on Tuesdays, or 1/2 price wine on Thursdays. (Dine-in only)

Both become a *really* good value if you eat in the bar and take advantage of this special:

Daily, 3-8 pm 1/2 priced appetizers in the bar