Competition: Round One

CrescentFresh

Fun and fabulous prizes* for whoever guesses the answer first. But guessing the answer involves figuring out the question. Sounds like a contest hosted by Cheshire the Cat, no?

mdt and Black Sheep can't play. Nor can they cheat and give you the answer, so don't ask them.

Today's clue: 16,748

*fabulous is in the eye of the beholder.

Edited by CrescentFresh

TITLE 16 > CHAPTER 9 > § 748 Prev | Next

§ 748. Expenditure of appropriations for propagation of food fishes

Release date: 2005-08-01

Appropriations for propagation of food fishes shall not be expended for hatching or planting fish or eggs in any State in which, in the judgment of the Secretary of the Interior, there are not adequate laws for the protection of the fishes, nor in any State in which the United States Director of the Fish and Wildlife Service and his duly authorized agents are not accorded full and free right to conduct fish-cultural operations, and all fishing and other operations necessary therefor, in such manner and at such times as is considered necessary and proper by the said director or his agents.

:-) okay so I'm sure I'm wrong but this is DC!

Fun and fabulous prizes* for whoever guesses the answer first.  But guessing the answer involves figuring out the question.  Sounds like a contest hosted by Cheshire the Cat, no?

mdt and Black Sheep can't play.  Nor can they cheat and give you the answer, so don't ask them.

*fabulous is in the eye of the beholder.

The number of "views" the corduroy thread had when you posted this (two views ago)...

Starting salary in 1984 for USA Today intern.

This is easy.

16,748 is the lactation average for Brown Swiss cows with records used in national genetic evaluations and calving in 1997 in New Jersey.

24,302 is the lactation average for Holsteins with records used in national genetic evaluations and calving in 1997 in California.

Got Milk Statistics?

:lol: That's great! Ain't Google Grand?

Amazon sales rank of the EGullet guy's book?

Indeed! Who doesn't like a game of Follow the Bouncing Fat Guy? After all, I figure such discussion is probably verboten over there.

Now I'll have to think of a Competition: Round Two.

cjsadler, next time I see you I'll get you your prize. Perhaps an umbrella drink? A share in an orca platter? Something from the Speigel catalog (Chicago 60609)?