Bond 45, A New York-B Italian, Steak, and Seafood Chain in National Harbor

I was going to suck some ventworm nuts for Mother's Day but Rosa Mexicana is booked all day long. Incidentally, McCormick is also booked but I never thought to eat there. So we decided to go with Bond 45. Any recs? What are Roman style chopped chicken liver (how's it different from Dean's mama's chopped chicken liver)?

I was going to suck some ventworm nuts for Mother's Day but Rosa Mexicana is booked all day long. Incidentally, McCormick is also booked but I never thought to eat there. So we decided to go with Bond 45. Any recs? What are Roman style chopped chicken liver (how's it different from Dean's mama's chopped chicken liver)?

Save your money....Service was horrible and steak were good but not worth 50 bucks

Going for the location (i.e. in National Harbor) and the view. Not concerned about price (my wife's a first time mama so I can't gyp her yet). So steak is good. Anything else? How does the "cicchetti" bar work?

Just make sure you ask for scenery then, I was in a tall private booth looking at dark wood. They do have a great meatball though... I didn't experience the bar, but when I went it was packed.

We were lucky to have a table with a view (most of the restaurant is blocked by McCormick). And we ordered conservatively so Mother's Day turned out well. We started with the salumi misti - a platter of prosciutto di parma, mortadella, sopressata, and bresaola ($19 or $20). At the same time, we tried their handmade orecchiette with broccoli rabe ($14). Both were very good - I just wish we had some Italian bread to go with the cold cuts (bread service involved rolls that did not look particularly appetizing). Our entrees were clams cioppino ($18 or so) and 14 oz NY Strip ($45) with porcini foie gras butter ($3). The steak was quite good - nice char on the outside, plenty of marbling, and cooked around medium rare - but we thought the steak is better at Ray's. The clams were plump and plentiful (the bread that came with the clams would've been great with the coldcuts!). Although we don't live too far away, we went with a tourist mindset, i.e., get ready to be ripped off by less than stellar food. So everything met our expectation and I can foresee going back (just don't know when, no rush).

post-4391-127343565537_thumb.jpg

post-4391-12734356625_thumb.jpg

post-4391-127343567338_thumb.jpg

post-4391-127343568253_thumb.jpg

post-4391-127343568903_thumb.jpg

We were lucky to have a table with a view (most of the restaurant is blocked by McCormick). And we ordered conservatively so Mother's Day turned out well. We started with the salumi misti - a platter of prosciutto di parma, mortadella, sopressata, and bresaola ($19 or $20). At the same time, we tried their handmade orecchiette with broccoli rabe ($14). Both were very good - I just wish we had some Italian bread to go with the cold cuts (bread service involved rolls that did not look particularly appetizing). Our entrees were clams cioppino ($18 or so) and 14 oz NY Strip ($45) with porcini foie gras butter ($3). The steak was quite good - nice char on the outside, plenty of marbling, and cooked around medium rare - but we thought the steak is better at Ray's. The clams were plump and plentiful. Although we don't live too far away, we went with a tourist mindset, i.e., get ready to be ripped off by less than stellar food. So everything met our expectation and I can foresee going back (just don't know when, no rush).

Yea the bread was not the highlight of my dinner also.. I think it was olive bread..I had a side of foie gras ($15) with my steak but I did not see the porcini foie gras butter.

Bond 45 National Harbor has introduced a new menu. Executive Chef Enzo Febbraro is now cooking up dishes like “Guitar Pasta” with Jumbo Lump Crabmeat and Shrimp, 101 Layer Lasagna, and Seared Sea Scallops Piccata.

Bond 45 National Harbor

149 Waterfront Street

National Harbor, MD

(301) 839-1445

http://www.bond45.com/nh_home.html

Chef Enzo Febbraro cooking is always delicious especially when he cooks Neapolitan home style dishes

Way to go Enzo!!!

I loved Bond 45 on a visit shortly after it opened; revisited last night and liked it still but was disappointed that they seem to have de-emphasized pasta. I remember having to choose among several great-sounding pastas last time, but this time there was only lasagna and the "guitars" with seafood. Opted for New York strip instead, and it was a very good steak. (I remember a choice between Italian- and American-style on the steaks last time, which no longer seems to be there.)

The complimentary popovers are very similar to BLT Steak's but instead of fresh out of the oven with a ramekin of soft butter you get them lukewarm. Butter is offered (as is olive oil), but it comes as frozen foil-wrapped pats.

We went to Bond 45 last night and disappointed.  No longer have pop-overs that we had been looking forward to - but had a facaccia bread instead - no charcuterie board (but when we asked they did have some prosciutto and served us some with the burrata. Steaks were good but I think Macky's in old town do them better - Porterhouse, NY Strip, and Ribeye.  Side were good but not great (asparagus, spinach, polenta).  Dessert - no more amazing chocolate mousse (pout) but we had chocolate mousse cake and vanilla merange cake.

Grandma report - wide aisles, easy to get to bathroom, if sitting in back well lighted

• Like 1