Ginger Cove and Ginger Reef - Grounded.

Trouble has been brewing there for awhile, especially after they filed for bankruptcy/reorganization! Bad concept: 2 floors, 2 KITCHENS (!) AND 2 different dining concepts, but really only 1 chef to run the whole thing...unfortunately, I think the Banks haven't been focusing on running a business, and I think the place was more used for partying then for selling food...I noticed the problem when I held a cooking class there and the chef didn't show up on time, Sharon wasn't prepared and she didn't know the financial deal I had arranged with Jimmie...food was very good though, but this is simply a case where food and reputation can't keep a place alive unless the management is there to run an operation. Lack of management killed this establishment, assuming it has closed? The phone number has a strange answer, call for fun: 202-248-6007

Trouble has been brewing there for awhile, especially after they filed for bankruptcy/reorganization!  Bad concept: 2 floors, 2 KITCHENS (!) AND 2 different dining concepts, but really only 1 chef to run the whole thing...unfortunately, I think the Banks haven't been focusing on running a business, and I think the place was more used for partying then for selling food...I noticed the problem when I held a cooking class there and the chef didn't show up on time, Sharon wasn't prepared and she didn't know the financial deal I had arranged with Jimmie...food was very good though, but this is simply a case where food and reputation can't keep a place alive unless the management is there to run an operation.  Lack of management killed this establishment, assuming it has closed?  The phone number has a strange answer, call for fun: 202-248-6007

The only other time I was there, almost two years ago, I thought the service was pretty bad, but I thought I'd give them another chance since they are talented. Just goes to show that talent in itself does not a business make.