Coldcuts

jpschust

I dunno. My wife went to U of M and swore by 'em while she was there, but neither one of us were impressed by our visits to the one in Alexandria. I felt like my choices for toppings were mayo, mustard, lettuce and tomato. Thats it (toppings are key, in my opinion, at these places since none of them use Boarshead or any other quality meat products). And I felt like I had no "input" as to what went on the sandwich, as opposed to the assembly line type construction that takes place at the other three. I've just had bland, squishy, over-mayoed blobs at JJs. At least you can get hot peppers and crunchy veggies at the other three. Again, thats just me. And wouldn't it be nice if there were some actual delicatessens around here so we wouldn't even have to have this discussion? :lol:

you had me until you got to boarshead. that stuff stinks. blind taste it against oscar meyer, it's no better.

Hmm. I really like boarshead. grew up on the stuff. I really think I could taste the difference between it and oscar meyer, simply for the lack of slime on the boarshead meat. However, maybe I need to expand my horizons. What cold cuts are better? Please don't say Whole Foods.

The only whole foods cold cut actually worth anything is their herbed turkey- the rest stink. I'll be honest, after trying a lot in the DC area, the best you can get besides going to some very little store might actually be the sara lee stuff or whatever major brand it is besides boars head that harris teeter is carrying in their cases now. The exact name escapes me, but it's actually pretty darn good.