About the "Best..." Threads

DonRocks

[There's no way I'll get to this today (don't forget, I actually work!), but eventually all of these "Best Burger," "Best Fries," etc. threads will be moved into a single clickable thread so they don't clutter up the forum (plus that way they'll be more useful for people).

Please be judicious in beginning new ones for the moment.

Cheers!

Your little dick tater.]

See? This is why I keep another tab open and check on new threads when I'm writing stuff sometimes. Here's the new topic I was working on up until a minute ago: :P

Topic heading: The Best Foo In DC

Best foo. Not Pho. Not Food.

foo: /foo/

1. interj. Term of disgust.

2. [very common] Used very generally as a sample name for absolutely anything, esp. programs and files (esp. scratch files).

3. First on the standard list of metasyntactic variables used in syntax examples. See also bar, baz, qux, quux, garply, waldo, fred, plugh, xyzzy, thud.

There's a lot of great stuff in the DC area, but we're looking for naught but the best in this thread! If you have gone somewhere, anywhere, and had something (Again, anything) that has made you sit back with a look of beatific serenity and exclaim "This thing which I have just eaten may well be the very best example of it's particular kind that I have ever eaten in the Washington, DC area" we want to hear about it here.

So let's have at it! Where in DC can you find the very best hot dog, or steak, or Martini, or fois gras, or non-specific curry, or pizza, or creme caramel, or miniburger, or linguini with clams, or or shrimp toast, or eel, or steak again, or whimsically carved garnish, or SPAM-SPAM-SPAM-egg-sausage-baked-beans-and-SPAM, or seasonally appropriate pureed soup, or goose, or pot-au-foo, or ten cent Buffalo wing Thursdays, or twice-baked potato?*

.....or perhaps even something that hasn't even been conceived of yet. :lol:

I know, I'm a little scared, too. But consider the alternative! ;)

Through the convergance of the very finest that Washington and the surrounding area has to offer, this thread will grow and become strong, a wellspring of pointers to deliciousness, untill it someday rises up and conquers us all.

With Apologies,

Matt

*Exclusion of a particular foodstuff from this list is not meant to be construed as rendering that foodstuff item ineligible for discussion and debate in this thread.

Alright, maybe I was freaking out a little there. I'm better now.