We Interrupt This Website...

Michael Landrum

All content on the board will now be reduced to and replaced by this, to reflect the current situation and to save everyone some time.

You may continue with your lives now. Everyone try to stay in the A/C a bit more, I'm beginning to look like the sane one.

perhaps this will be useful ?

All content on the board will now be reduced to and replaced by this, to reflect the current situation and to save everyone some time.

You may continue with your lives now. Everyone try to stay in the A/C a bit more, I'm beginning to look like the sane one.

Just wanted to point out that this post is a comment on how mean everyone is being lately, and NOT a general expression of my personal sentiments towards others.

Besides, my bumme bolts (thank you, John Barth) have become far too valuable now, and are currently being bottled and marketed, with Don's assistance, to local area supermarkets and gourmet shops--just my way of keeping up with the recent trend of unending bouts of charcuterrhea.

Back to work now on the Secret of the Magicke Aubergine....

So, after yesterday's events, I was driving homeward and listening to NPR's Marketplace show.

Please observe a moment of silence for Tom Meyer. He lives while interally balancing being a Restaurant Owner and Winemaker.

Meyer opened up two business back in 2003 -- a BBQ restaurant called The Q Shack and a wine brand called Sauvignon Republic.

<snip>

The pulled pork sandwiches really took off. And wine drinkers were happy to pay $19 for a bottle of Sauvignon Republic in stores, or even more in trendy restaurants. But these days, Meyer's wine is sharing shelf space with Two Buck Chuck at Trader Joe's. It sells for 70 percent off its original price.

Maybe he should be at the Beer Summit too.

So, after yesterday's events, I was driving homeward and listening to NPR's Marketplace show.

Please observe a moment of silence for Tom Meyer. He lives while interally balancing being a Restaurant Owner and Winemaker.

Maybe he should be at the Beer Summit too.

The Sauvignon Republic wines were actually very good, and a novel concept - to showcase a single grape variety and how it expresses itself in different wine regions, such as Sonoma, Marlborough, and South Africa. I think they were a victim of economic trends and just not having the resources to sustain the concept.