Great Wine Deals During Restaurant Week

vineguy

I am writing a column on the best wine deals that area restaurants are offering during Restaurant Week, which begins August 16th. If you know of any participating restaurants that are offering wonderful deals on wines - such as half-priced wines from their wine list or waiving corkage on a bottle or two - please let me know. I'd love to mention the "deal" in next week's Vine Guy column in the Examiner and on WTOP's Wine of the Week.

Many thanks for your help...

Scott

I am sure Dino probably has one. Trummer's on Main probably does too. I would contact them and ask.

Thanks - Dean Gold was the first to reply to my request - and yes, he does have a wine deal going during restaurant week. I know that Trummers finished their mid-week half-price wine deal in June cuz I went there in July specifically to partake in it and it was over. But Tyler Packwood did sell me a bottle of Orin Swift for a decent price, so I have no complaints...

Any others out there? Bueller? Bueller?? Bueller???

Scott

The Fourth Estate, the flagship restaurant at the National Press Club (open to public) is offering "wine flights" for $15 during the Restaurant Week which ends on August 28. Wine list follows the menu:

http://press.org/restaurants/fourth-estate/restaurant-week-menu

Skipper

Speaking of "best wine deals," The Reliable Source restaurant at the Press Club serves pretty good house wine for $2 from 5-8 PM Monday-Tuesday- Wednesday. There is a "catch" though, you have to be invited by a member.