$20 Tuesday at Pizzeria Orso

DonRocks

Is there a closer metro station than East Falls Church?

Nope.

People who need a ride, please post such. I can fit 1 in my car and surely others are willing to give rides.

Better yet, if you can do a carpool - raise your post! Then there can be a couple of DC & MD caravans.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be more than an hour, if the map takes you on Broad Street, Route 7. It's stop and go on that 2-lane road with a lot of lights.

If you can take Chain Bridge over to Glebe Road and then Lee Hwy to Pizzeria Orso, it will eliminate some of the stop and go, but then I'm not sure how Wisconsin Avenue is during that time.

The problem with Chain Bridge is that the Clara Barton is 1-way outbound during rush hour. So you'd have to come down Wisconsin or MacArthur to get to the bridge. That can't possibly be a time saver.

I would cut across Wilson to River and take 495, and depending on current traffic, either stay on 495 to Rte 50 and come east, or get on the Toll Road extension and jump off at Lee Hwy.

We're at 34 ... 6 more and we can start a waiting list or schedule another one! :(

(I'm sure we can arrange some carpools from Metro stops and so forth, too, for those for whom that could be an issue.)

Assuming there's still space, i'd like to join you.

agm + notquickdraw

catharine (+1)

Chaofun + jchao

DanielK

DonRocks

durwoodx (+1)

fuzzy510 *(Need ride)

Gary Tanigawa **(Room for 1 in car - Ballston)

GennaroE

gnatharobed (+1)

goldenticket

goodeats **(Room for 1 in car - East Falls Church or Courthouse)

ktmoomau (+1) **(Room for 2 in car - Ballston or East Falls Church)

leleboo

lfrierson

mdt

Merry Mary

NCPinDC

ol_ironstomach (+1)

Porcupine + Mr Porcupine

Rovers2000 (+1)

sandynva

silentbob (+1)

Skipper10 (+1)

sphere77

TheMatt

thetrain

Tweaked

1000yregg

= [Maxed out.]

Waitlist:

Skysplitter

juliusc91

thistle +2

Edited by goodeats
Updating list.

I'd love to come, but because I'm coming from Baltimore I can not be there until around 6:45 ish. Put me in for 1 though.

I wouldn't worry - typical starting time for a $20 Tuesday is 7 or 7:30, and even if we start at 6:30, you can just be a straggler. We'll save you a seat. :(

I'm in!

I used to work right near Orso and had to jump into DC from time to time. Closest metro is East Falls Church. I don't know about anyone else, but I could pick a few people up/drop them off from EFC if it makes life easier.

As for coming from Maryland, yeah, enjoy your wait in traffic. If you can make it to Chain Bridge, and then stay on Glebe/Williamsburg, you'll at least be moving the entire time - here's a general map if it helps- http://tinyurl.com/2bbplfh Let's you avoid Lee, 7, and the delightful backup on Arizona.

Edit- oops, looks like I hit the "post" button too late :(

I'm in!

Edit- oops, looks like I hit the "post" button too late :(

OK, if it's not too late, I'd love to join you guys (+ 2 kids, & we all know, they're the pizza cognescenti)...Thistle

Hey guys -- right now you are both over the 40 person limit that pizza man said we'd go for, as we were already at that limit with the re-confirmation of ktmightve and over it with juliusc91's tentative if he's a yes. I can't comment on expanding or if we're going to make a waiting list or what. I'll have to let him, or DonRocks, weigh in on -- I'm just tracking the numbers.

No problem, guess we'll hit it another time...

Nah - just on waitlist - don't get discouraged!

Hey guys -- right now you are both over the 40 person limit that pizza man said we'd go for, as we were already at that limit with the re-confirmation of ktmightve and over it with juliusc91's tentative if he's a yes.

And since we are at the limit, then there should be no tentatives and juliusc91 will just join thistle on the waitlist. Upthread to be updated.

Edited by goodeats

Yeah, we can stretch to fifty, but that is really all I can guarantee good times. Pizze will be staggered, I'm pretty good at cooking 5-7 at once, any more and you will have certainly been fed up with carbon. 50 is a good number, although 51 is probably luckier.

I am coming from Bethesda if anyone needs a ride (one way) and can also pick up or drop off from the west falls church metro (PM me, I am right by the Bethesda Metro).

Heather, If traffic is as light as it was tonight, 40-45 minutes tops, Goldsboro to River to 495, rt 7 and drive down from there.

I think closer to an hour is more realistic during rush hour. You have a strong likelihood of being in stop-and-go traffic for the entire length of 495.

I agree the pizza is the thing, but that Cannoli is a killer... 1/2 an order means you have to pick from a couple of choices

Yeah, so tentatively I was thinking any of the Antipasti that are $7 or less, any pizza that is under $18, (all of them except for 3), half an order of Cannoli, (one stuffed shell, stuffing of your choice) - Fer USA $20.

I could include the specials of the day under the same conditions, or if there was demand/interest, Kevin and I could come up with some other stuff that may be a little more special, but would require everyone to have the same thing.

What's important, really, is the pizza :(

*edit* I forgot the soft drink. That comes with the $20, bottled soda and booze is extra..

ETA: Chef was thinking of providing some family-style antipasti to pass around and enjoy pre-dinner, to jazz the table up a bit.

agm + notquickdraw

catharine (+1)

Chaofun + jchao

DanCole42 +1

DanielK

DonRocks (+2)

durwoodx (+1)

fuzzy510 *(Needs ride)

Gary Tanigawa **(Room for 1 in car - Ballston)

GennaroE

gnatharobed (+1)

goldenticket

goodeats **(Room for 1 in car - East Falls Church or Courthouse)

hm212

ktmoomau (+1) **(Room for 2 in car - Ballston or East Falls Church)

laniloa

leleboo

lfrierson

mdt

NCPinDC

ol_ironstomach (+1)

Porcupine + Mr Porcupine

Rovers2000 (+1)

sandynva

Scott Johnston

silentbob (+1)

Skipper10 (+1)

Skysplitter

sphere77

TheMatt

thetrain

V.H. (+1)

1000yregg

=48

Hey all -- since we're getting close to cut-off time, just a reminder that there is a policy about cancellations, and it goes as follows:

1) For any* organized event, you must cancel at least 72 hours (three days) prior to the event. Otherwise you need to pay 100% of the cost unless there's a waiting list and your seat(s) can be filled.

We don't have a waiting list right now, so as of 7 p.m. on Saturday, if you're, you're in**. :(

*OK, the bolding is mine, but Orso has made gracious arrangements to accommodate us, so don't let the fact that it's "only" a $20 Tuesday trump common courtesy, yeah?

**Barring life-threatening injuries, family emergencies, and tornadoes that blow your car right off I-95 (true story!)

Buongiorno!

Tomorrow night is the big night, so please remember to hit the ATM prior to setting up appetites for dinner!!

For those of you attending a dr.com event for the first time, you might want to bring a pad and pencil. There will be a pop quiz later. Just kidding, but the reason for bringing a pad and pencil will be revealed upon arrival.

7:00pm. tomorrow. pizze. deliciouso.

Participants: don't forget to bring cash money tomorrow, lest ye be publicly ridiculed for not remembering to bring a lone twenty dollar bill to cover your meal. (Booze 'n bottles extra, as previously noted.)

Probably better to bring a fiver along with the twenty as well to cover tax/tip.