Cotto e Funghi

Quatro Stagioni

Mezzaluna

Salsicce e rapini

Vongole

Ortaggio

Giamette

Tri Colore

extra toppings will cost extra. No "half and half" pizze, I hate that.

Finally, choice of cannoli-

orange

chocolate chip

pistachio

and a soft drink.

We will also be offering 2 wines at a discount-

Villa D'Campania Coda di Volpe 2009 @ $4 per glass

San Lorenzo Montepulciano di Abruzzo 2008 @ $18 per bottle

Don't forget about the 9% meals tax when hitting the ATM :(

We look forward to seeing you all tonight.

crostini

Ooh. Looks good. Time to study the menu, though, with as many people as are coming, I imagine one (or two) of everything will result overall!

No "half and half" pizze, I hate that.

So no otto stagioni as I ask for half quattro/half quattro? :(

Looking at the menu, I see that the pies are normally served unsliced. I'm wondering, though, with this many people wanting to try a bit of everything if that default should be changed for tonight?

Then again, if the pie is unsliced, it's all MINE!

I am against sliced pizze. I know a lot of people prefer them sliced, for ease of eating. I feel that slicing the pizze causes it to get cold faster, and doesn't allow for the crust to finish cooking. Slicing the pizze also lends to the dreaded, "soupiness".

You wouldn't slice into a fresh loaf of bread hot from the oven, would you?

I am rarely as upset as I am right now.

Today was a perfect storm of professional and personal horrors.

It's a cheap shot, to post this at 8:20 p.m. But there's no way on earth I can render due apologies for tonight.

Despite the fact that I arranged to pay for my spot;

despite the fact that I made the people I wanted to meet each other connect;

despite the fact that I would have given an arm for some of that pizza ...

It's not my fault that PCI for left main CAD might save lives (I am not a doctor), nor that it's my job to make sure the American cardiology community knows about it ... but it sure as heck feels like it tonight.

I'm a rational human being, but tonight, I believe in Mercury retrograde messing with things. Because this ... this was unfair, on so many levels. I hope you are all having fun, and durwoodx, thank you, and pizza man -- I will be there. Oh yes. I will.

(Thank you for indulging my pity party. I'm going to go not have some pizza now. This post will probably be deleted before anyone gets home from Orso.)

I am rarely as upset as I am right now.

Today was a perfect storm of professional and personal horrors.

It's a cheap shot, to post this at 8:20 p.m. But there's no way on earth I can render due apologies for tonight.

Despite the fact that I arranged to pay for my spot;

despite the fact that I made the people I wanted to meet each other connect;

despite the fact that I would have given an arm for some of that pizza ...

It's not my fault that PCI for left main CAD might save lives (I am not a doctor), nor that it's my job to make sure the American cardiology community knows about it ... but it sure as heck feels like it tonight.

I'm a rational human being, but tonight, I believe in Mercury retrograde messing with things. Because this ... this was unfair, on so many levels. I hope you are all having fun, and durwoodx, thank you, and pizza man -- I will be there. Oh yes. I will.

(Thank you for indulging my pity party. I'm going to go not have some pizza now. This post will probably be deleted before anyone gets home from Orso.)

Quel dommage!*

*Please delete this post as well. I just burned my hand cooking kabobs. Ouch!

We miss you and put the pizza to good use. Should we send you a doggy bag? You dis a great job and we will be toasting you in a couple of minutes !

Oh you have no idea how welcome a doggy bag would be. But really, just knowing everyone is having a blast turned my day very much around. Cheers!

Oh you have no idea how welcome a doggy bag would be. But really, just knowing everyone is having a blast turned my day very much around. Cheers!

Oh my, oh my. How many doggy boxes did we take home tonight?

More detailed post to follow tomorrow, but let's start the conversation with a big thanks to Pizzeria Orso and all the Rock-a-fathers and mothers who made this a successful evening. To those who finished their pizzas after thunderous rounds of antipasti, arrosticini, friturre, chicken, and pappa al pomodoro (plus wine) - hats off to you, good sirs. And to the box-carriers among us, lunch tomorrow!

Favorite pizzas out there? My cotto e funghi pulled a long drag of smoke from the oven as it arrived and reminded our side of the table that the best part of the meal was just beginning...

Favorite pizzas out there? My cotto e funghi pulled a long drag of smoke from the oven as it arrived and reminded our side of the table that the best part of the meal was just beginning...

My favorite pizza was the cotto e funghi too. Our corner shared four different pizza's, so we each shared a 1/4 of a different type.

One of our pizzas was one of the no cheese pizza's and that just showed us how good the pizza really was, when the crust stands on its own.

Perfectly cooked excellent char - This is really the standard of what pizza should be reaching for.

The appetizer platters - perfect. Potatoe croquettes and arancini like no other. I could have made a meal on just the appetizers and then I remembered OMG we still have pizza coming.

Don't forget the wonderful cannoli. A beautiful end to a great night.

Thank you to those who organized the event, and for the restaurant for such warm hospitality. I thought the starters were outstanding, especially the little lamb kebabs and crostini with chicken. Overall I thought the restaurant did a great job highlighting its strengths and repertoire. Oh and the cannoli was delicious.

etask: what kind of tapenade was on the crostini? Thanks!

Also want to add my thanks to everyone who organized this event and everyone at Orso. The roasted vegetables were fantastic, the lamb kebab had nice spice. I loved the potato croquettes. My Giamette pizza was a meat lovers delight, but that mushroom pizza looked awesome. The cannoli was light and the filling lucious. We went home with boxes of food and good memories.

And thank you everyone for the excellent company my husband and I had a delightful time!

And a thanks you to Don once again for the wine. Leleebo and any others that couldn't make it, you were missed and we were sending you all our good vibes.

This was a truly special evening.

Outstanding! They certainly went way above and beyond for what could have been a simple $20 Tuesday meal.

That man can sling some pies!

ditto that. Thank you, Orso, for being such generous and gracious hosts. And my margharita had the perfect amount of doneness-wet but not soupy,and i really appreciate that, unlike at so many places, the arrancini and croquettes were vegetarian.

I really enjoyed my crudo - tomato, mozzarella, basil, arugula, grana, and prosciutto. More prosciutto than I would have expected, ensuring plenty in every bite. Considering they had 50 people in one sitting, the consistency of good char was impressive.