Mussels and Kids

PigglyWiggly

So, after yesterday's WaPo Food Section, my 11 year old daughter and I are craving mussels. All other family members are out of town, and I was thinking of taking her to Granville Moore's tonight...but....it's a bar. Do you think it would be OK to bring an 11year old to Granville Moore's? Has anyone taken kids there? I am open to other suggestions, but would like to stay local to the Hill. I know Belga is an option as well, but more upscale than I'd like to have to explain to the out of town spouse :(

So, after yesterday's WaPo Food Section, my 11 year old daughter and I are craving mussels. All other family members are out of town, and I was thinking of taking her to Granville Moore's tonight...but....it's a bar. Do you think it would be OK to bring an 11year old to Granville Moore's? Has anyone taken kids there? I am open to other suggestions, but would like to stay local to the Hill. I know Belga is an option as well, but more upscale than I'd like to have to explain to the out of town spouse :(

Plus, it's Restaurant Week, so Belga will likely be booked, unless you go really early.

Cava's mussels in ouzo are pretty good, but might not be to your daughter's taste.

A friend really liked the mussels at Art & Soul but, on this board at least, it appears opinions are mixed at best.

(And, somewhat unbelievable given that I love moules frites, I've never been to Granville Moore's, so I have no idea how to answer that part of your question. :) )

Muscles at Ris are to die for and they are on her RW's lunch menu.

When I was there once, a family with kids came in and sat in a booth. There's also a dining room upstairs.

It's a restaurant, not a bar. Granted as the night goes on there are more folks there for the beer, but arriving early noise is not a problem and it's relatively slow. They also have a back patio now.