The Great New York Restaurant Migration

dcs

More dining options is always a plus, I just hope the prices are reasonable.

No doubt. But I sometimes wonder where this is headed. First you had Mom and Pop restaurants. Then lower end chain restaurants started eating into their market, followed by middle-range chain restaurants. Now we are into the phase of more upscale resturant chains (not just chain restaurants but common ownership establishments), both local and regional. What is next? Or am I just thinking too hard?

No doubt. But I sometimes wonder where this is headed. First you had Mom and Pop restaurants. Then lower end chain restaurants started eating into their market, followed by middle-range chain restaurants. Now we are into the phase of more upscale resturant chains (not just chain restaurants but common ownership establishments), both local and regional. What is next? Or am I just thinking too hard?

That's a good point. Chef's like Bobby Flay are very talented, however I start getting an uneasy feeling when they get involved in too many ventures, possibly resulting in a decline in the quality of food. It remains to be seen how well these restaurants will do. In the meantime, it provides more competition in the area and maybe other restaurants will try harder to impress.