International Festival 2010

yfunk3

So I was walking around the H Street parking lot today and saw that they were having some sort of "International Fair" or something to that effect (I can't remember if it said "fair" or "Marketplace"). I was wondering if anyone knew any more info on this? I've tried Google, but I can't seem to find anything.

They had a whole bunch of food vendors, including Korean, Mexican, Tex-Mex, Empanadas, usual burgers and hot dogs, ice cream, etc.... along with a couple of carnival rides and a bunch of vendors (the kind you'd see at Eastern Market).

I'd love to see if they do this again, so was wondering if anyone here had any clue about it!

I don't know where the H Street parking lot is, but do you mean the H Street Festival?

Nope. He meant the parking lot where the old convention center was, across from the Grand Hyatt.

Drove past it today on the way to H Street Festival, but did not stop. It looked like the county fair on a mini-scale, but could not see vendors, so no further reports.

I stopped by on Wednesday. It's a two week exhibition, so you still have time. I think the hours are 11am - 7pm. We tried some Peruvian ceviche and some pork carnitas, they were fine. A bit of a mixup on what my change should be -- English was not a first language for either vendor, and each wanted to overcharge me by like $15, that was a bit weird. But it worked out in the end.

EDIT: It's called the International Festival, btw.

Edited by DaRiv18

I stopped by on Wednesday. It's a two week exhibition, so you still have time. I think the hours are 11am - 7pm. We tried some Peruvian ceviche and some pork carnitas, they were fine. A bit of a mixup on what my change should be -- English was not a first language for either vendor, and each wanted to overcharge me by like $15, that was a bit weird. But it worked out in the end.

EDIT: It's called the International Festival, btw.

Ah, good to know! Shame I don't have time to go back before it ends. It's a great idea for that space, though. When I first came upon it, I even thought that it might be a nice place to have food truck park, sort of like how they do in Austin.