Ortanique, Metro Center - Sun Has Set.

Ortanique is rarely discussed. My brother has been working there for a while now. I’ve been just once. Enjoyed the food and outstanding service. But yesterday, the employees showed up for work and were all sent home. There are big signs out front saying no business transactions allowed, the certificate of registration has been revoked. Anyone know what’s up?

Speaking of...Ortanique is on my way to work- Thursday the lights were off and a sign was on the door saying that a license or their was suspened. Looks like they won't be opening until Nov. 9. What's going on?

I know I could track down whichever DC bureaucracy keeps a listing of these things, but y'all are a much more reliable source!

Thanks

Speaking of...Ortanique is on my way to work- Thursday the lights were off and a sign was on the door saying that a license or their was suspened.  Looks like they won't be opening until Nov. 9.  What's going on?

I know I could track down whichever DC bureaucracy keeps a listing of these things, but y'all are a much more reliable source! 

Thanks

Nothing on the dc gov website yet; as of today (11/7) restuarant closures are only reported through 10/31.

If you're looking for some good front and back of the house staff, you may want to track down the folks from Ortanique. It's official - Ortanique employees got the call over the weekend - they are closing up shop. I don't know all the details but one comment was that they may re-open in a few months under a new name.