Dining Near Moultrie Courthouse

I am currently seated in the Jurors' business center and am torn between 701, Cafe Atlantico and Oyamel. The Rasika concept has certain appeal as well. Thanks for all the great food for thought. I can't wait for lunch!

I recently had jury duty and hit Oyamel quite a few times. Usually not a problem to get a seat at the bar, and the lunch sandwiches (which include a caesar salad) are one of the best deals around.

I think I said this above, but the Capital Grill is a great place to lunch for jury duty. Sit at the bar and drink some wine, eat a steak salad, talk to the bartender. Also the Source is real close by, too.

Both are right around the corner. Much closer than Charlie Palmers.

In case anyone else does what I did today, and searches for a thread here about where to eat when on jury duty in DC -

When the weather is nice, as it was today (finally!), walk to Cowgirl Creamery (900something F St.) and get a sandwich and a cup of coffee. Great great sandwiches. Limited menu, changes daily, but always great in my experience. Also, good sodas, beers, chips, etc. You will be back in plenty of time within your allotted hour.

I decided I would indulge myself during my jury duty lunch today and sat at the bar at Fiola. You can't beat that for close by, but it's certainly not a bargain lunch.*

After considering the meatballs with fried egg, I went instead with the BLT burger (which has smoked mozzarella and pancetta, along with lettuce and tomato). It was $19 and came with their rosemary - Parmigiano fries (which I believe are $8 a la carte). The fries were crispy and all-around excellent, better than I recall them being last time I had them. They were hot and herb-y and crisp, quite good. The burger was delicious but juicy (and greasy) enough that I ended up having to resort to a knife and fork. The bottom bun disintegrated almost immediately. This was one wet burger but I somehow managed not to end up wearing it on my white shirt :) .

The bartender provided excellent service, and it's a pleasant atmosphere to sit and relax a bit. Had I been selected for a trial, I would certainly opt for cheaper lunches, but for my one day of service, it was a nice treat.

*They do have fixed price lunches, but that was more food than I wanted and still costs more than the $19 burger and fries.