Confit Jelly

DanCole42

I made my first batch of chicken confit over the weekend, and I find myself with an abundance of confit jelly.

Other than rillettes, what can I use this delicious fowl jelly for?

use it like a glace de viande in pan reduction sauces, flavor booster in braises, rehydrated with water for stock to make risotto or soup. It's probably quite salty, so take that into consideration when seasoning anything you use it in.

I made my first batch of chicken confit over the weekend, and I find myself with an abundance of confit jelly.

Other than rillettes, what can I use this delicious fowl jelly for?

How did it turn out? Did you use olive oil or duck fat? I have only made confit with duck legs using duck fat and have wondered how much the duck fat would 'enhance' the chicken.

How did it turn out? Did you use olive oil or duck fat? I have only made confit with duck legs using duck fat and have wondered how much the duck fat would 'enhance' the chicken.

I've always felt like the meat and the seasonings impart more flavor then the fat used, although many, many people will probably disagree with me on that. :(

I used olive oil: the cheap store brand that Wegman's sells in jugs. I haven't tasted the confit itself yet: I want to give it at least a week in the fridge first.