Mike & Eric's Bay Hundred (Formerly Isabel's) at The Tilghman Island Inn, Tilghman Island in Talbot County

Surprised that nobody has ever posted comments about the Tilghman Island Inn and because such fine dining is available in such a small town where one might not expect it, I've started this topic. We dined there a couple nights ago and had a wonderful meal. As everyone enjoyed all their food and the menu changes frequently, I'll give a more general review rather than a blow-by-blow on each dish. I had the Bouillabaisse, Cream of Crab soup, and Diver Scallops. What I found interesting is that the dishes often didn't dutifully follow the classic versions of many of the dishes, but still tasted great. The cream of crab soup was one of the best I've had, a large portion with generous amounts of high quality crab, and was a great value at $6.99. My desert, Bittersweet Chocolate Cake with House Made Vanilla Bean Ice Cream & Chocolate Ganache was luscious. They also have a nice well-priced wine list. The menu page can be found here. A 5 course tasting menu is $60, entrees average around $25. They also have bar menu specials that frequently feature dining room dishes for around $10-15, which is a great deal (I think these are offered on weekdays).

Update:  A few months ago the Tilghman Island Inn lost its chef (I believe the former chef now co-owns and cooks at Bay Hundred Restaurant in Tilghman), along with several other staff.  Have not dined there since, so I don't know how the food is now.

If you are in the Tllghman Island/St. Michaels/Easton area, I'd currently recommend Bartlett Pear Inn in Easton if you're looking for high level cuisine.

Update:  A few months ago the Tilghman Island Inn lost its chef (I believe the former chef now co-owns and cooks at Bay Hundred Restaurant in Tilghman), along with several other staff.  Have not dined there since, so I don't know how the food is now.

If you are in the Tllghman Island/St. Michaels/Easton area, I'd currently recommend Bartlett Pear Inn in Easton if you're looking for high level cuisine.

wisehands, are you referring to David McCallum, Eric Nunamaker, Dawn McLouglin, all of the above, some of the above, or none of the above? :)

wisehands, are you referring to David McCallum, Eric Nunamaker, Dawn McLouglin, all of the above, some of the above, or none of the above? :)

Am referring to Eric Nunamaker, also Mike the bartender, who together have taken over Bay Hundred.  David McCallum is the owner, but don't know if he's gone back into the kitchen (just checked web site and he is listed as the Exec. Chef).

The Tilghman Island Inn is under new ownership.  It reopened on July 3.  I don't know who is running the kitchen.

BTW, although the restaurant here apparently has been using the name Mike & Eric's, it is NOT associated with the recently opened Mike & Eric's Front Street Restaurant & Bar in St. Michael's (which is being run by the actual MIke & Eric who formerly ran the currently closed Bay Hundred in Tilghman).  Apparently the guy who bought the TI Inn also had acquired Bay Hundred and through legal contractual rigmarole ended up claiming ownership of the name "Mike & Eric's."  So, to summarize this confusing situation, if you're looking for the real Mike & Eric, they're not at the Tilghman Island Inn, but at Front Street in St. Michael's.