Best Seafood in DC

SASharpshooter

If distance is not an object, then PassionFish in Reston is as good as it gets in northern Virginia. Otherwise, I agree with B.A.R. with the possible addition of Old Ebbitt Grill's half-priced happy hour raw bar. The orca (or whatever they call it) is the best deal in town when it's half-priced, the oysters are fresh and plentiful and the shrimp cocktail is like eating small lobster tails at half price.

Bloody Marys and good East Coast seafood (I'm thinking oysters, crab, lobster?)...Clyde's Gallery Place, Old Ebbitt and Johnny's on the Half Shell are the closest best bets. Unfortunately, no half priced raw bar on Saturday. Old Ebbitts has been packed when ever I go during daylight hours and I'd make a reservation if you choose any place near the mall.

As I suspected, Johnny's is closed during prime Bloody Mary times. Blacksalt is probably the best but bloody inconvenient. I would not send an enemy to Clyde's Gallery Place but would gladly bring a friend to the Old Ebbit which -- in addition to the food, is a damn nice place to show off to an out-of-towner. Because I'm a degenerate, I'd go there before the rally, about 11AM. That;s when we used to arrive after First Communion for Brunch.