Dining Near Towson

Have to head up to Towson University for a thing Saturday and am desperately searching for something in the general vicinity of good food. I actually resorted to Yelp. It does not look promising.

Alas I probably have to get to the site and deal with some stuff THEN go eat THEN come back so anything further away than 10-15 minutes is probably out. Anyone have any good ideas?

Have to head up to Towson University for a thing Saturday and am desperately searching for something in the general vicinity of good food. I actually resorted to Yelp. It does not look promising.

Alas I probably have to get to the site and deal with some stuff THEN go eat THEN come back so anything further away than 10-15 minutes is probably out. Anyone have any good ideas?

Sushi Hana isn't too bad for "fun" rolls. Also Strapazza does some decent subs - I like their prosciutto and fresh mozzarella. These are the places I typically eat when I'm in Towson. Sadly Purim Oak closed down long ago =(.

Sushi Hana isn't too bad for "fun" rolls. Also Strapazza does some decent subs - I like their prosciutto and fresh mozzarella. These are the places I typically eat when I'm in Towson. Sadly Purim Oak closed down long ago =(.

Yeah, I miss Purim Oak.

I like Kyodai Rotating Sushi Bar and always order their tuna tartare (big cubes of tuna with a spicy sesame oil and soy dressing, a fairly large portion for $6) and the squid salad. The Stony River steakhouse in the mall has pretty good burgers. There's also Thai One On/San Sushi Too, DiPasquale's/Sweet Lela's, and Kathmandu Kitchen. I can't speak for the latter, since it's been a long time since I've eaten there, but a friend was there recently and seemed to like it just fine.

I guess it depends on how far you are willing to go.

There are some decent, not great places in Towson:

Burger Bros makes an ok burger

Pho Dat Thanh is alright Vietnamese

all the mall places- you usual chains- pf changs, cheesecake factory, tgif

If you want to go a little further- Atwater's in Kenilworth has nice sandwiches and salads

Orchard Market Cafe has really good Persian food

Szechuan House in Lutherville is good- but order mainly off the "country side taste menu"- i'd recommend the Shyong Jaang Dow Fuu (great tofu/chicken dish), and the Wuu Geng Niou Naan (beef/tendon/daikon)

The Peppermill in Lutherville- old school baltimore- steak, seafood, crabcakes- not too expensive- but again- very old school

Some good cheap eats:

Pizza: Pasta Mista, Fortunato Brothers

Burger Brothers have the best onion rings I've had in the Baltimore area.

Sushi Hana has my favorite roll of all time: The Bruce Roll. However, the pieces are huge and stuffing a single piece in your mouth is akin to trying to bite a tennis ball.

http://cheapeatsincharmcity.com