Roof Terrace Wine & Cultural Celebration Series

jjcoco24

Hi y'all,

We've started a monthly wine and cultural celebration series at the Kennedy Center Roof Terrace Restaurant. This month we are honoring the age old tradition of celebrating the end of harvest and will be featuring wines form Alsace, Mosel, Rhinegau and Burgenland. Executive Chef Joe Gurner will serve up some seasonal treats to accompany. Come join Sommelier John Coco and friends as we toast a glass and enjoy the warm autumn air. [A 3-part series.]

Call (202)416-8555 or opentable.com for reservations.

Tickets $40 per person.

Friday, October 22nd: Harvest Celebration

Monday, November 15th: Drink Local featuring notable wineries in the area

Tuesday, December 7th: Champagne & Everything Bubbly

post-7910-027501300 1287699624_thumb.jpg

Edited by goodeats
Provide additional, detailed info.

[FYI, this is a PERFECT example of how to use this website for marketing. For five years, I've been begging restaurateurs to tell people what's going on - all I ask is that it isn't blatant shilling, that there's at least a sentence or two of original writing, and that it's only done twice a month max. People WANT to know these things. Thanks for posting, jjcoco24 (though you may want to disclose any relation to sommelier "John Coco" in your signature file :().]

Hello John,

I was excited to see your wine and culture series at the Roof Terrace Restaurant. I am a local chef and food and wine writer and I have a book, JOIN US AT THE EMBASSY, that is about food, drink, and culture from 10 countries, 7 of which are wine countries. I have been teaching about food, wine, and culture for about 15 years and was wondering if you would be interested in doing a program together where I could sign books?

FYI, the wine countries in my book include Austria, Chile, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, and Portugal. Sound like fun?

Give me a call at 202-248-9070 or by email at foodandwinediva@usa.net.

Thanks and hope to speak with you soon.

This Monday Nov. 15th come join me as I celebrate Drink Local! in the Roof Terrace Restaurant at the Kennedy Center. Winemakers from around the Old Dominion will be pouring some yummy vitis vinefera while Chef Joe Gurner serves up some delectable treats from local farms and...oh yeah, Virginia's own Middle Distance Runner will be providing the beats for the evening. It's going to be a blast! 6-8pm/casual attire/bring your drinking shoes! RSVP on OpenTable.com or call 202.416.8555

post-7910-077791600 1289626313_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the support Don. I'd be honored to have you as my guest on Monday Nov 15th's tasting. It's looking like it's going to be a great event. The hope is to keep these monthly wine & cultural celebrations going and attract food & beverage nuts, like many members of your site, to a fun non-threatening environment to taste, listen, explore, and enjoy.