Good Food and Lots of Cocktails

DanCole42

This is a request from my sister. What do you think?

"[THIS PERSON] got us our nice table last night for dinner. She is going to be in DC next Tuesday and wants restaurant recommendations. Where should she eat? She's hip and skinny and likes good food and lots of cocktails. Please supply a list."

This is a request from my sister. What do you think?

"[THIS PERSON] got us our nice table last night for dinner. She is going to be in DC next Tuesday and wants restaurant recommendations. Where should she eat? She's hip and skinny and likes good food and lots of cocktails. Please supply a list."

PS7, Proof, Rasika, to name baut a few.

After this lovely experience, I walked down 11th to Central and had a nice cocktail, a great meal, and a good glass of wine. After dinner, I strolled down Pennsylvania Ave. and had some drinks at POV on the roof of the W. It was almost the perfect DC night, and its what I'd suggest to visitors. However, they need to insist on sitting outside at POV (I assume there are heat lamps out now).

If I wanted to dazzle someone, I'd send them to Adour, which has a beautiful lounge if they're not up for a formal meal. The hotel itself is one of the more impressive spaces in town and the food is its equal. If you send someone here, tell them they have to order dessert. Even if they "don't like dessert."

If I wanted to send someone to the best cocktail lounge in DC, I'd send them to PS7s and tell them to let Gina pick their drinks. If you send someone here, and it's on the menu (which it should be this time of year), they should try the scorched milk. It may be one of the best cocktails I've ever had.

Galileo III has some great cocktails too, including my favorite Manhattan and Margarita anywhere. Proof and Rasika are also strong recommendations.