New Larousse Gastronomique

grover

I have an old version published in 2001. There is nothing listed about Korean food (such as Kimchi or Bulgogi) so I am wondering if the new version (published in 2009) has. I went to B&N and Borders but they carry the book wrapped with clear plastic so I can't see inside. Could anybody confirm it for me?

Specifically, you have to look at the 2009 UK edition (pub. Hamlyn) as the US edition doesn't offer an index preview yet. I looked up a handful of well-known Korean food items in the online index pages and found none. Sorry.

Thank you Dave. The thing is the index displayed is not the whole thing. They kind of cut and pasted in order to reduce the pages. I may end up buying the book or tear the plastic with my nails. :)

I tried. but the new version of the Larousse doesn't have this option. :)

Whoops. Sorry. I have zero experience with the LG.

Just curious, why the LG? Surely there are more authoritative and less Francophilic tomes that cover Korean cooking.

Why does "Francophilic" make me picture people covered with cans of spaghetti and meatballs?

Just curious, why the LG? Surely there are more authoritative and less Francophilic tomes that cover Korean cooking.

I think that the LG is the best culinary encyclopedia and I am so sad that Korean cuisine is not listed in the 2001 version.

The First Lady of South Korea is leading "Korean Cuisine to the World" forum. If the 2009 LG still doesn't have information about Korean cuisine then I would like to let the forum know so they can do something about it.

Is it a faux pas to ask one of the managers or workers to open it for you or see if they have a display copy? Never hurts to ask at your local bookstore!

I asked them but both B&N and Borders have only a wrapped copy. No display copy.

I just checked and the Arlington County Public Library has the 2009 edition, and probably other local libraries do as well. I am sure these versions are not covered in plastic. :)

Book

Larousse gastronomique

the world's greatest culinary encyclopedia

Authors: Prosper Montagné, Joël Robuchon, Larousse (Firm)

Material type: Book

Subject: Cookery, Food, Cooking, French, Encyclopedias

Language: English

Publisher: Clarkson Potter/Publishers

Year: 2009

Call number: R 641.3 LAROU

ISBN: 0307464911

Annotation: 1st American ed.

Includes indexes.

Based on the work of Prosper Montagné.