Verizon Center Wearing a Caps Jersey

DanCole42

Any recommendations for a restaurant near the Verizon Center where we could go in our jerseys before a Caps game? Preferably one that would appeal to both a picky eater and a foodie?

Matchbox, certainly. I've actually heard the new Redline (in the old Indebleu space) isn't that bad for a lounge (although I haven't yet been, and I'm not at all impressed with either the menu or drink list on their website) - the chef is Fabrice Reymond who used to work at Hook. Legal Seafood really isn't that bad for "that" strip.

Matchbox, certainly. I've actually heard the new Redline (in the old Indebleu space) isn't that bad for a lounge (although I haven't yet been, and I'm not at all impressed with either the menu or drink list on their website) - the chef is Fabrice Reymond who used to work at Hook. Legal Seafood really isn't that bad for "that" strip.

You should stop doing this for free, you know. :)

Every restaurant near the Verizon Center is full of folks in Caps gear on nights before a game, whether it would be appropriate on a normal night or not. Proof, Jaleo, PS7's, Zaytinya--so attire isn't your limiting factor.

I was thinking more like BBQ ribs would be a terrible idea given the cost of nice jerseys and the difficulty in washing them. :)

I was thinking more like BBQ ribs would be a terrible idea given the cost of nice jerseys and the difficulty in washing them. :)

My kids like Vapiano's (pizza and pasta) when we go to a Caps game. Simple pizza, pasta, salad and sandwiches along with a full bar.

Every restaurant near the Verizon Center is full of folks in Caps gear on nights before a game, whether it would be appropriate on a normal night or not. Proof, Jaleo, PS7's, Zaytinya--so attire isn't your limiting factor.

Definitely noticed this last Saturday before the game in Sei and have noticed it at Proof as well.

That doesn't mean it's to be applauded. Yes, I'm the guy giving the evil eye at the clowns taking shots of vodka and ordering yuenglings and yelling over my conversation on game nights at some of these places.

You could always bring a bib.

I've seen Caps jerseys everywhere on game night. I'd second Don't suggestion of "not bad" Legal Seafood. Stick with oysters & white wine, and you won't have to worry as much about the brine staining your shirt. :)

I know I'm late joining this conversation but when I expressed my reluctance to go into Proof or Oyamel wearing a Caps jersey, I was reassured by staff that I was more than welcome. Since then, we've gone into Proof dozens of times and been received warmly.

That doesn't mean it's to be applauded. Yes, I'm the guy giving the evil eye at the clowns taking shots of vodka and ordering yuenglings and yelling over my conversation on game nights at some of these places.

A crank after my own heart. Although, even I give a pass to people dining within two blocks of a sporting arena on game night.