The Big Cheese, DC and VA Food Truck

My brother and I were going to the El Bandido food truck in Ballston last week, and we saw this new food truck.

post-2-0-52006300-1292658737_thumb.jpg

The guy said he hadn't gone public on twitter yet, as he was still perfecting the process. It's pretty much a gourmet grilled cheese food truck, with the cheeses coming from cow girl creamery. You get a pickle with the sandwich, and there is also tomato soup available.

We waited for a while but it was just him in the truck and orders were taking about 15 minutes each, so we didn't stick around.

post-2-0-09175600-1292658768_thumb.jpg

It seems interesting, but the pricing is a bit aggressive at $6.50 for a grilled cheese.

His twitter is up now:

http://twitter.com/bigcheesetruck

We waited for a while but it was just him in the truck and orders were taking about 15 minutes each, so we didn't stick around.

It seems interesting, but the pricing is a bit aggressive at $6.50 for a grilled cheese.

So, by your estimate, 4 orders take an hour to process? I guess there's some overlap so he does get more than 4 orders out in an hour's time.

It's a nice comfort food concept, esp. at this time of year. Some streamlining of the process may be in order.

So, by your estimate, 4 orders take an hour to process? I guess there's some overlap so he does get more than 4 orders out in an hour's time.

It's a nice comfort food concept, esp. at this time of year. Some streamlining of the process may be in order.

I'm hoping he hires a helper.

Next up in Arlington; a Gourmet PB&J truck with fresh-blended peanut butter and artisanal jellies! Early summer we expect to see a dessert truck serving S'mores made with artisanal chocolate, homemade marshmallows, and graham crackers imported from France!

Next up in Arlington; a Gourmet PB&J truck with fresh-blended peanut butter and artisanal jellies! Early summer we expect to see a dessert truck serving S'mores made with artisanal chocolate, homemade marshmallows, and graham crackers imported from France!

Patrick is a great guy with years of industry experience. I envy his gumption to go it alone. He is figuring things out as he goes (e.g. I know he's looking for help) and may find Arlington to be a narrow demographic, but as I watch this segment of the industry get more and more attention in D.C and beyond, if he figures it out, there is no reason it can't be a home run.