Pita & Rye Deli -- kosher? -- coming to Maple Lawn

TheThe talk is that it will be a kosher deli, actually supervised by a rabbi and not just "kosher style."

Their website doesn't mention being a kosher establishment when they open in May [after peeking at your blog, I realize you already know that].

Also confounding: there's a Chef Salad on the menu. :)

[Don: Thanks for raising the location of the Baltimore forum]

I think that I know the name of the rabbi who will oversee the "kosherness" of the deli, so I'm pretty confident. I did stare at the pictures trying to decide if there was cheese on any of the sandwiches. Probably not my most-useful time spent considering that the Web site content may just be stock photos or even a stock menu.

I think that I know the name of the rabbi who will oversee the "kosherness" of the deli, so I'm pretty confident. I did stare at the pictures trying to decide if there was cheese on any of the sandwiches. Probably not my most-useful time spent considering that the Web site content may just be stock photos or even a stock menu.

Hahaha - I did the same thing!

The photos to seem to show cheese (though they look like stock photos), but the menu "reads" like a kosher menu.

Definitely kosher, and they announced last week that they're aiming to open in May 2011 -- presumably after Passover.

Pita & Rye circulated a press release with quotes from owner Jay Fridkis and Rabbi Hillel Baron, who will supervise the kosher kitchen. Baron, who runs Congregation Ahavas Israel, says in the release that this will be Howard County's first kosher food establishment.

Definitely kosher, and they announced last week that they're aiming to open in May 2011 -- presumably after Passover.

Pita & Rye circulated a press release with quotes from owner Jay Fridkis and Rabbi Hillel Baron, who will supervise the kosher kitchen. Baron, who runs Congregation Ahavas Israel, says in the release that this will be Howard County's first kosher food establishment.

And confirmed in the Baltimore Business Journal