Kitchen Cart

David M.

Don - If this off-topic, feel free to delete. I am construing "shopping" in the forum's title quite liberally, but I'm still asking about kitchen equipment, so I hope I'm OK.

So, I recently moved and my new kitchen has less cabinet space. Thus, I'm in need of a small to mid-size kitchen cart (max length: 38 inches). I plan on using it to store small appliances (food processor, stand mixer, etc.) inside (hopefully behind doors) and on top need to store a microwave.

My question is: does anyone have any experience shopping for anything like this? I saw one at Bed Bath & Beyond, but was a bit small and seemed pretty flimsy. I'd prefer to buy in-store and not online. I was thinking perhaps of an unfinished furniture store, but don't now of any in the area.

Oh, and I live in Alexandria.

Thanks in advance.

So, I recently moved and my new kitchen has less cabinet space. Thus, I'm in need of a small to mid-size kitchen cart (max length: 38 inches). I plan on using it to store small appliances (food processor, stand mixer, etc.) inside (hopefully behind doors) and on top need to store a microwave.

Try Ikea - they had a couple of sturdy-looking kitchen carts last time we were there. There are also a couple of similar items at Target, although I'm sure the Ikea options are a little more durable.

Try Ikea - they had a couple of sturdy-looking kitchen carts last time we were there. 
We have something like that that we got at Ikea years ago--a microwave cart with cabinet space underneath. I'm not sure of the dimensions, but it's probably within the size requirements given. Of course, we keep ours in the dining room, but that's another matter entirely :lol:

I ordered one online from Home Depot that I'm really happy with. Try searching their website (they don't carry them in-store). Some tire-kicking of the Ikea ones at the store made me feel like they weren't very sturdy (at least for the ones with wheels, which is what I wanted).

I've seen them at HomeGoods as well, but not certain of the size. I did make a mental note when we were shopping for kitchen cabinets, since someone in my office was looking for a similar thing, but instead of storage she wanted butcher block. (John Boos) Definitely worth the driving trip to Frederick MD--go to Just Cabinets. You can always call them to see what they have in store, and you can get a sampling from the website as well. obviously a misnomer

Edited by squidsdc