Great Indian Food

DanCole42

Going out with my bestie tonight, and she has a craving for Indian food. Looking for someplace stellar near my office (South Dupont) preferably, or as a fallback somewhere on the Wilson Blvd corridor no farther than Ballston.

I know zilch about Indian food.

Going out with my bestie tonight, and she has a craving for Indian food. Looking for someplace stellar near my office (South Dupont) preferably, or as a fallback somewhere on the Wilson Blvd corridor no farther than Ballston.

Since upper NW and Rockville are right out, would Penn Quarter count as near enough to go to Rasika?

I don't know much more about Indian food than you but if I was looking for Indian in Dupont, I'd hit Heritage India's Hawker Menu.

Heritage Dupont sucks donkey pud, now the Glover Park location is a different story. Otherwise my choices would be in descending order, Rasika, Passage to India (Bethesda), Bombay Club (downtown), and finally Delhi Club (in Clarendon - good solid Indian, but not great Indian, on par with Bombay Curry Company, just easier to get to from the city).

Head down to Bombay Club. You'll like it. It's comfortable and not crazy expensive. If you don't know anything about Indian food, here's a tip: don't start with the Vindaloo.

A friend dropped by last week to see the baby and unexpectedly brought dinner--takeout from Bombay Club. The food was fantastic, on par with the best I've had at Rasika. I don't know the names of any of the dishes she brought over but there was one lamb dish in a tomato based sauce that had hints of licorice or something really herbal going on that was phenomenal. My first experience with them, but they certainly seem "on" right now... That's

my recommendation.