On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Depends on Grill schedule for next week.

edited to add:  Crap, it's raining outside.  Bring paper towels to wipe the rain off of the seats.

Don't they have a room inside?

Shogun, no grill today?? Oh, how you giveth and then taketh away...I was getting my hopes up. :lol:

Yeah, I'm dissapointed, too...haven't been to the grill in a while. I was supposed to see the people Tuesday (And the Saturday before!) for the parts, but they are being flakes. Frankly, I'll believe I have these parts when my TV stand starts acting more like a computer.

Is now a bad time to mention I probably can't do happy hour on Friday because I have to go to a friend's LAN party?

Edited to recall: Oh, the LAN thing goes until Midnight. Should be fine.

Depends on Grill schedule for next week.

edited to add:  Crap, it's raining outside.  Bring paper towels to wipe the rain off of the seats.

Sun is out now. :lol: ..and there's also the room in the back for those who forget the paper towels!

I looked for Nadya and Mark, but didn't see ya...thought you may have bailed due to the weather...(sorry, I don't know who to look for "funjohnny" so if you were there, I missed you, too!)

That must've been the second time I stopped in---the first time there was no line, so I went around the corner to fix my glasses. Then someone in my office called and asked if I could pick up a couple of hot dogs, so I thought I'd poke my head in to see if I could see anyone--

Maybe next time!

Sun is out now.  :lol: ..and there's also the room in the back for those who forget the paper towels!

I looked for Nadya and Mark, but didn't see ya...thought you may have bailed due to the weather...(sorry, I don't know who to look for "funjohnny" so if you were there, I missed you, too!)

I saw you!!! Mark and I were in the back room. But by the time I realized it was you it was too late as all I saw was a glimpse of your back. Next time for sure.

Sonoma has sent preview invites to those who signed up on their website and the menu looks great. Five courses with 2-3 choices per at $25 and two wine choices at $4/glass or $14/bottle. They are running 2 seatings a night tonight, tomorrow and Sunday and are asking you to submit 2 preferences for seatings for up to 6 people. I would be interested in either Sunday, May 15 times of 6pm or 7pm if 5 of you want in on this. PM me if interested until 4:30 today.

hillvalley and I will be meeting up at the Circle Bistro this evening around 6:15-6:30 if anyone wants to join us.

Enjoy, ladies. I was SO looking forward to pretheater dinner at CB before opera tonight, but we unfortunately have to eat elsewhere. Sniff sniff. But y'all enjoy.

hillvalley and I will be meeting up at the Circle Bistro this evening around 6:15-6:30 if anyone wants to join us.

Wish I could join you, but I have other plans tonight. Enjoy some of those sweetbreads and make sure to sample a dessert or two as they are very much worth it.

Anyone planning to go to the Grill today -- early?

Just how good are one of these sandwiches? I'm seriously considering taking the Metro from my office in Silver Spring. Boss is away, and I'm seriously disgruntled, so perhaps a two hour lunch is in order.

Just how good are one of these sandwiches? I'm seriously considering taking the Metro from my office in Silver Spring. Boss is away, and I'm seriously disgruntled, so perhaps a two hour lunch is in order.

If you have never had one, GO! Get a pork shoulder plus whatever else you may want for later.

Al, go with the pork shoulder sandwich, green sauce, onions, peppers, broccoli rabe and provolone cheese...

Agreed! This one is da bomb. Even my goody-two-shoes almost-vegetarian coworkers have been converted.

Prices are on the menu available at the site posted by Meaghan above.  Anyone want to drop in on Wednesday after work and check things out?

I'm up for that

[Moved from Hank's Oyster Bar thread]

Edited by DonRocks

Love to, but have an important engagement to dine with the President (along with a thousand of his other closest friends). Looking forward to a report if you go and maybe it will be worthwhile for you to make a return visit, and me to go for the first time, perhaps next week?

Edited by FunnyJohn

I'm up for that

[Moved from Hank's Oyster Bar thread]

Glad to see that there is some interest from all you dr.com'ers. What's up with you all? We have a new and promising place opening up and that should merit some interest, no?

Tomorrow's meat plus two is Smothered Pork Chops.

I should be getting there around 6pm.

Can't make Hank's tomorrow night, but I'm going to try and hit Galileo just before noon. I assume the back patio is open these days?

It should be. There's also a back room with tables where Gastreaux and I sat last time. And god willing, will sit tomorrow.

I may join you. Let me see if Mr Shorter will be home for kid duty.

He'll be home, so I will see you at 6.

Edited by Heather

I'll be there, but I may be running a few minutes behind if helping a friend move some stuff takes longer than expected.

Edited for: .......unless she wants to go out afterwards! :lol:

Edited by shogun

It should be. There's also a back room with tables where Gastreaux and I sat last time. And god willing, will sit tomorrow.

Unfortunately, god is not willing today. Must recover from last night and move as little as possible. I'll see y'all Sunday. Have an extra cannolli for me.

Glad to see that there is some interest from all you dr.com'ers.  What's up with you all?  We have a new and promising place opening up and that should merit some interest, no?

I probably won't be there until closer to 6:30. I don't know who schedules a 5:15 meeting. Grrr.

Glad to see that there is some interest from all you dr.com'ers.  What's up with you all?  We have a new and promising place opening up and that should merit some interest, no?

I might make it to Hank's as well.

How about some others.

Some of us who are Maryland 'burbs / Baltimore oriented (yes, there are a few!) are heading out for some good Korean bbq on Wednesday at Han Sung in Ellicott City. (A 13-course Chinese banquet and a picnic this weekend required a couple of days of rest before another excursion...) We're thinking of gathering at 7pm. It's located at 3570 St. John's Lane, at Frederick Rd. PM or email me if you want to join us, so we'll know to save enough room. Or just show up and we'll wing it.

and a nice gesture - a free scoop of the mint choc chip for our 4 yr old - absolutely the best mint choc chip ice cream I have ever tasted - truly exceptional - the taste was akin to what you get when you pop a mint leave into your mouth - it made us want to order a full serving but by then we were ready to burst   :lol:

They have the mint ice cream now??!! Hmm, sounds like I need togo tonight.

What two national capitals have four letters and end in "ome?"

But are pronounced very differently.

Hint - they both have significant international treaties named after them that started international organizations.

Some of us who are Maryland 'burbs / Baltimore oriented (yes, there are a few!) are heading out for some good Korean bbq on Wednesday at Han Sung in Ellicott City.  (A 13-course Chinese banquet and a picnic this weekend required a couple of days of rest before another excursion...)  We're thinking of gathering at 7pm.  It's located at 3570 St. John's Lane, at Frederick Rd.  PM or email me if you want to join us, so we'll know to save enough room.  Or just show up and we'll wing it.

Rome, Lome...huh??? If anyone has been to Han Sung before and can make any recommendations, please do! Edited by crackers

Although many may be pigged out from the picnic, I ran across this today... sounds interesting:

Smithsonian Associates is presenting a "pork pilgrimage" with cookbook author, New York Times columnist, and "hamthropologist" Peter Kaminsky as he wittily recounts his passionate quest for all things porcine...

Saturday June 4

12:00pm at MICHEL RICHARD CITRONELLE

It will be a book signing and luncheon featuring Peter Kaminsky's new book

PIG PERFECT

(for info or to register: call The Smithsonian Associates at 202 375-3030 www.ResidentAssociates.org)

Mark, will there be piggy wines to match?