On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

riddle me this:

I need to take a practice GMAT on my computer tonight so I need some place with wifi. I don't need to be distraction free nor do I wish to be.

I need them to serve alcohol and especially good beer or good bourbon (feh on knob creek).

I don't care if it's loud as long as I can snag a table, keep drinking and work through my 3 hour test and run up a nice bar tab.

Bonus points if it's in Adams Morgan and not Tryst.

I'm never drinking again.
Out of curiosity, what did you drink last night?

Best solution for a hangover = more booze.

Now seriously, take some advil, drink some bitters and soda, get yourself together as we've got a long night ahead of us.

Are folks up for getting together either next week or the week after for a few euchre games?
I'm going to be in OC hell all week and then off to the homeland to see "Les Breastfeeders" (Quebecois punk-rock). How about QuarryHouse on Tues after dr.com dinner at Sabang? Otherwise, Thurs in the U St/Adams Morgan area? What's the Reef like on a Thurs?

I'm going to be in OC hell all week and then off to the homeland to see "Les Breastfeeders" (Quebecois punk-rock). How about QuarryHouse on Tues after dr.com dinner at Sabang? Otherwise, Thurs in the U St/Adams Morgan area? What's the Reef like on a Thurs?
We can have the lush area downstairs to ourselves, but the setup isn't great for card playing. I think if we grab one of the tables by the window on a Thursday we will have no problem. The only issue is for the drivers thursday can be a challenge to park in AM. We could do earlier in the week at The Reef. I'm not sure of the date of Sabang, so let me check that out.

I have a woodpecker.
What the f***?

Anyways, this isn't the worst curse in the world, but I'm back to 2941 for my 3rd time in 2 weeks. I love Jon's cooking but man, a change in my dining would be nice. Problem is there isn't much in that direct area for super fine dining for when I need to entertain.

I could do something this evening, but I'm out Friday (turkey and mushroom hunting season). Vidalia has the Tuesday wiine tasting and I think there is an event at Mendocino. If Stephanie has to be at Komi at 7, Vidalia would be better than Mendocino. Or someplace else? I still can't figure out what is going on with the Bis discussion above.

I just tried to make reservations at Vidalia. It appears that they had a water main break and will be closed for the rest of the week. Hi everyone! My name is Sooz and I live in Tysons. Would love to meet up with everyone sometime. This week is out, plans everyday and night till Monday the 24th.

Cheers

I just tried to make reservations at Vidalia. It appears that they had a water main break and will be closed for the rest of the week. Hi everyone! My name is Sooz and I live in Tysons. Would love to meet up with everyone sometime. This week is out, plans everyday and night till Monday the 24th.

Cheers

If you live out in Tysons and need someplace to eat thats fine dining, what about 2941? It really is excellent enough that I keep going back there.

Hey, guys?

I'm off to Baltimore for a meeting ...and then I plan on having dinner there. Does anyone have suggestions beyond Charleston and Pazo? No Cindy Wolf this time. I know there is a Baltimore forum, but I am short on computer time (PM me!).

And if you feel like being in Baltimore this afternoon/tonight, see you there.

so let me see if i've got this straight...

after two forte nights of teasing, tormenting, and tittering to and fro, spring has finally arrived, and on a friday no less.

there are scores of old haunts with patios and more than a few places we need to try.

and yet no one is whiming? no happy hour planned?

so be it. i am off to go walkabout in this glorious spring city. if you happen to make it to a patio and see me walking by with a cigar and a giant red plastic cup, wave a hello.

Not food related, but my other resources for finding someone have gone dry...

I won a pair of tickets plus a pre-show meet and greet for a show this Sunday at the Birchmere:

Kenny Wayne Shepherd

"Blues from The Backroads Legends Tour" featuring Hubert Sumlin, Pinetop Perkins, Bryan Lee, Buddy Flett, Chris Layton, Noah Hunt & other special guests!

ALL STANDING in the Bandstand!

My wife decided she's not interested, so if anyone wants to join me, and can be at the Birchmere by 5p on Sunday, send a PM...

Tuesday from 10:30AM, New Zealand v. Sri Lanka, Kingston, Jamaica

Wednesday from 9:30AM, Australia v. South Africa, Gros Islet, St. Lucia

Saturday from 9:30AM, the final, Bridgetown, Barbados.

The denoument of Cricket World Cup 2007 is upon us. Bring your work, your laptop, and your liver. Solly's at 11th and U. Cricket. Wi-Fi. $3 Pabst. Takeout from Inca Kitchen or Oohs and Aahs. What more do you want?

Tuesday from 10:30AM, New Zealand v. Sri Lanka, Kingston, Jamaica

Wednesday from 9:30AM, Australia v. South Africa, Gros Islet, St. Lucia

Saturday from 9:30AM, the final, Bridgetown, Barbados.

The denoument of Cricket World Cup 2007 is upon us. Bring your work, your laptop, and your liver. Solly's at 11th and U. Cricket. Wi-Fi. $3 Pabst. Takeout from Inca Kitchen or Oohs and Aahs. What more do you want?

Bump. And there are bagels!