On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

I just found out that I am taking fifteen 7 and 8-year-olds camping next weekend. :blink: I'll be at Ray's by 6.
;):P Enjoy! Just remember the words of Dennis Leary, "I don't believe in spanking my kids, I believe in bringing them up right. And besides, I find that waving the gun around pretty much gets the same job done."

I've learned something about human nature today. I've learned that people seem hesitant to accept unsolicited gifts of cooked shellfish from some random guy in a dorm.

ETA: Oh yeah, guess who drew Jose Andres for his 'Intro to Gastronomy' group project? :blink:

I'm leaving my office near Metro Center soon, and have almost 2 hours to kill before getting to RFK at 7p for the DC United game.

Anybody whimming tonight? Corduroy and Beck's are a block away, but anything downtown-ish is doable...

Kay and I are looking for 6 or so willing folk to join us for Korean Chinese at Da Rae Won (Garrett & Rt 1 in Beltsville north of Behnke's for some good eats:

To wit:

Fried Mandoo

Fried Chicken Wings

Sizzling Rice seafood

Shredded cold dishes

hand pulled noodles

We will be there at 7:30. Tuesday Evening May 8.

Wednesday! Wednesday! Wednesday!

Free happy hour (5:30-7) wine tasting with winemaker extraordinaire Cathy Marshall of BWC Wines at Vidalia. Taste new vintages and discuss with one of South Africa's leading winemakers. Oh, and I'll be there too :blink: .

Wednesday! Wednesday! Wednesday!

Free happy hour (5:30-7) wine tasting with winemaker extraordinaire Cathy Marshall of BWC Wines at Vidalia. Taste new vintages and discuss with one of South Africa's leading winemakers. Oh, and I'll be there too :blink: .

Bumpity!

i am going to make it my life's mission to invent a breathalizer for our mobile devices. if you blow over a .08 you should not be allowed to dial or send text messages.

friends don't let friends drunk text.

and yeah, like don says, i am never drinking again.

eta: until happy hour, whose whimming?

Alright then, I never watch TV, so when I do, I actually watch TV. And by that, I mean pay attention. Just now, during the closing credits of Ren and Stimpy, there were a bunch of screens that flashed up with lots of names on each. One appeared for a split-second, and my eye was drawn towards a name - it was like catching a shooting star because it was only up there briefly, and I saw it only with peripheral vision - but I'm certain it said Jna Mi Hwang. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Cheers, Rocks.

it was like catching a shooting star because it was only up there briefly, and I saw it only with peripheral vision - but I'm certain it said Jna Mi Hwang. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Cheers, Rocks.
Just to humor you, I will confirm it. And neither one of us is ever drinking again.

I'll underwrite this venture.

Surprisingly, not many have heard the term "drunk dialing" or "booty call" or "friends with benefits." What's the world coming -- don't go there -- to.

Hell... I'll continue to drink... I'll just lose the phone. :blink:

i am going to make it my life's mission to invent a breathalizer for our mobile devices. if you blow over a .08 you should not be allowed to dial or send text messages.

friends don't let friends drunk text.

and yeah, like don says, i am never drinking again.

eta: until happy hour, whose whimming?

Alright then, I never watch TV, so when I do, I actually watch TV. And by that, I mean pay attention. Just now, during the closing credits of Ren and Stimpy, there were a bunch of screens that flashed up with lots of names on each. One appeared for a split-second, and my eye was drawn towards a name - it was like catching a shooting star because it was only up there briefly, and I saw it only with peripheral vision - but I'm certain it said Jna Mi Hwang. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Cheers, Rocks.
Do you remember which episode? They threw a bunch of odd ones in for each episode. (Going back to ordering a log on the internet).

Ya do know that it's actually distilled by Four Roses, don't you? Find out whether it has its own mashbill and yeast!
yah, but Tom Bulleit will be there, and the dude is a legend within the bourbon community- even worse, Bulleit Bourbon is now owned by Seagram.

Rustico-sponsored Beer Dinner Series at EatBar

Vintage Beers of Stone Brewing Company

With Special Guest Stone Brewing Co. Vice-President and Brewmaster Steve Wagner

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 (tomorrow)

$100/person (includes tax and gratuity)

Dinner starts at 7:30pm. Reservations, call Chris Schaller at Rustico at 703-224-5051

'05 Vertical Epic

BBQ Halibut Cheeks with Heirloom Potatoes and Dill

Ruination IPA

Whole Spice Roasted Venison Saddle with Sherried Onions and Bearnaise

10th Anniversary

Braised Beef Cheek Tacos, with Napa Cabbage and Mint

'05 Double Bastard

Duck Confit and Parmesan Croquette with Cinnamon-Cured Guanciale and Tomatoes

'07 Imperial Stout

Brioche French Toast with Nutella and Caramelized Bananas

'04 Old Guardian

Gorgonzola Dolce with "Pan" Cherry Jam and Wild Cress.

I'll be at this, and not in any official capacity. Anybody else?

Monday night: will be in the city with BLBaby and have to be in upper northwest (16th Street, MD line) by 7:30. Where to eat now that Palena is closed on Monday's?

Thought about Dino though they don't open until 6.

Colorado Kitchen is closed on Monday's too.

Maybe RTC...

Decisions, decisions...

Anyone whimming on Monday?