Tynan Coffee and Tea, Columbia Heights and NoMa - The Sullivan Brothers' Independent Coffee and Tea Houses

I stopped in the NoMa location today, and would largely agree with Adam23. I do like them better than Starbucks. The beans they sell are from Orinoco Coffee in MD.

I met one of the Sullivan brothers at the ANC meeting. I recall Tynan is maiden name of their mother or grandmother, which they chose since "Sullivan's" sounds more like an Irish bar than coffeehouse.

The Columbia Heights location is ok. Plagued with laptop campers, so it's hard to sit. The coffee is fine, but I prefer Columbia Heights coffee.

They were supposed to be opening a coffee shop in the building on top of the Petworth metro, then another group was supposed to be opening it. Seems now nobody is.

I've been to the Friendship Heights location, and thought it was pretty good. Espresso had a nice flavor and good crema - and the Wife's latte looked well made. It's a good addition for an area with only a few other options. Call me jaded from way too many trips to Charbucks, but I'm quite heartened every time I walk into one of these new shops and see a rig that does not include a super-auto.

Tynan has reduced the size of their coffees from 20oz to 16oz. Insert frowny  face here (oh I can!):  :angry: .  Strange decision - for regular house coffee 16oz just doesn't do it for me / never a big fan of Tynan anyway and now less so...