Meetup near Marriott Wardman Park

Ilaine

Parameters:

• Walking distance to Marriott
  • About 20 to meetup
  • Prefer a private room
  • Murphys would be ideal but they don't have a private room
  • Petits Plats too upscale for these guys (bankruptcy attorneys)
  • Need to be able to hear each other talk.

20 people but Petits Plats too upscale and in walking distance to Woodley Park Marriott... Afghan Grill sounds like a good idea but they don't have a private room. You may want to check with Spices and see if they would close off the side room. At lunch they might. I don't mind walking from Cleveland Park to Woodley Park but your group might...

Surely the Marriott itself could supply a room and cater your lunch. Okay, the ambience would be depressing, the food would be mediocre at the very best, and it would be very expensive. But you only live once!

Yeah, the problem with the Marriott is that we are already all staying there, along with another 1500 bankruptcy attorneys coming from all over the country, and eating Marriott food as well. We need to break out! This would be a local group.

Personally I like the Lebanese Taverna. Have never tried the Afghan Grill.

Yeah, the problem with the Marriott is that we are already all staying there, along with another 1500 bankruptcy attorneys coming from all over the country, and eating Marriott food as well. We need to break out! This would be a local group.

Personally I like the Lebanese Taverna. Have never tried the Afghan Grill.

And LT has some really non-offending dishes like Roast Chicken, which is why I thought of it. I can eat with even very picky eaters there.

The guy in charge decided to try our luck with Murphy's, even though they don't take reservations and won't let us have separate checks. The manager suggested that if someone got there at 11:30 they would let us have all the tables we needed. Beer and pub food should be right up their alley. Despite the common image of lawyers as high rollers, these guys are decidedly not.

The guy in charge decided to try our luck with Murphy's, even though they don't take reservations and won't let us have separate checks. The manager suggested that if someone got there at 11:30 they would let us have all the tables we needed. Beer and pub food should be right up their alley. Despite the common image of lawyers as high rollers, these guys are decidedly not.

The shepherd's pie used to be reliable. Haven't had it in years, though. There should be completely inoffensive food for the picky.

The apocalypse must be nigh; my long-ago employer Murphy's of DC, fleecer of unsuspecting German tourists and supplier of many, many unpaid-for shift drinks, is now "starring" in a DR thread. These are indeed crazy times we live in. I ask, nay demand comparisons be made of the famed Murphyburger (with Canadian bacon!) with Ray's Hellburger and other stars of the local scene.