Corduroy, Fine Dining at the Convention Center - Chef Tom Power's Magnificent Cooking

1 hour ago, DonRocks said:

I'm sure that some restaurants are doing okay right now, but I don't know of a single one that is.

I'd like to remind our readers that Corduroy (menu) is open for dining Wed-Sat, 5:30-10:30. I just made my reservation, and I encourage everyone to follow suit - Tom *loves* cooking for people, and he's one of the very best chefs in DC; the problem is that he's *terrible* at promoting himself or his restaurant. Corduroy could have won a James Beard Award by now, but they haven't even been nominated - not once. This hits home with me, hard - in a lot of ways, for what are (hopefully) obvious reasons.

In other news, I heard Kojo Nnamdi talking several times yesterday about Kwame Onwuachi, who has replaced Mike Isabella as the current media darling.

1 hour ago, naxos said:

We have followed Corduroy from the first location to the new. We frequented the bar for early weekend dinners and the restaurant proper to celebrate special occasions. While we are not dining out now, I am sorely tempted by chefs wonderful soups.

They do take out.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a fantastic meal we had here on Friday evening. Compliments to @Tom Power and to @Mark Slater for amazing food and a great wine pairing.. It was seafood heavy - snapper bisque, lobster with grits

Excited to announce we have a new pop up in the alley behind Corduroy and Baby Wale.  "Clos Du Roy"!   The walled in patio is open each night at 5 PM  and taking reservations until 8:30 as all patrons

Had another wonderful meal at the bar a few weeks ago with @MichaelBDC. There was a private party on the second floor, but otherwise the restaurant was pretty empty. @MichaelBDC and I were the only pe

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Keithstg said:

They do take out.

Indeed they do, and I've gotten it from them once, before they reopened for dining service. The food traveled beautifully, but the soups were cold, and it took 5-10 minutes to bring them up to temperature at home (once we did, they were exactly like they are in the restaurant). Again, this was before they reopened for dining service, so I'm not sure how things are done now - I'd just call and ask (or, I can ask for you).

17 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

Indeed they do, and I've gotten it from them once, before they reopened for dining service. The food traveled beautifully, but the soups were cold, and it took 5-10 minutes to bring them up to temperature at home (once we did, they were exactly like they are in the restaurant). Again, this was before they reopened for dining service, so I'm not sure how things are done now - I'd just call and ask (or, I can ask for you).

I looked at the takeout menu and soups are still on- apparently available warm and maybe one can choose frozen if I read the menu correctly.

12 hours ago, naxos said:

I looked at the takeout menu and soups are still on- apparently available warm and maybe one can choose frozen if I read the menu correctly.

Yep - I picked up some frozen soup and a large wine order a while ago. Soup reheated beautifully.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Tom Power said:

Excited to announce we have a new pop up in the alley behind Corduroy and Baby Wale.  "Clos Du Roy"!   The walled in patio is open each night at 5 PM  and taking reservations until 8:30 as all patrons must leave by 10 to keep our neighbors happy.  We are open 7 nights a week weather permitting.  Haven't watched the weather like this in a long time.    Just received some beautiful Tuna today- fatty and fresh. 

YASSSS!!

Gonna make plans to come & visit