JPW

Corduroy, Fine Dining at the Convention Center - Chef Tom Power's Magnificent Cooking

On 12/10/2019 at 10:35 PM, saf said:

I just wish the goat cheese in potato cage was still around.

We can make the larger (original version) of the goat cheese in crispy potato for you. Just give us 2 days notice as we do not always have the cheese on hand.   

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 3:25 PM, Mark Slater said:

That's a Michel Richard dish, prepared the same way,  with Saranwrap.

The shape of the fish is all Michel. He loved to make things perfectly round.  I never saw sushi rice, hijiki or lotus root in any of Michel's kitchens.     

6 hours ago, Tom Power said:

The shape of the fish is all Michel. He loved to make things perfectly round.  I never saw sushi rice, hijiki or lotus root in any of Michel's kitchens.     

That's true. Sorry , Tom

9 hours ago, Tom Power said:

This is interesting. I didn't remember this dish from Citronelle at all; but now that you mention it, he did do a lot of cylinders.

And I suspect the quality of the fish itself is a fair bit higher at Corduroy also. 😉

17 hours ago, Tom Power said:

We can make the larger (original version) of the goat cheese in crispy potato for you. Just give us 2 days notice as we do not always have the cheese on hand.   

Oooh. So the appetizer size from the old location? That would be so delicious.

Just call 2 days before we want to come in?

On 12/3/2019 at 3:45 PM, Bart said:

I don't know if this is the answer, but in Tom's chat last week, someone (maybe you!  😉 asked why he doesn't mention Corduroy much/ever in his chats anymore.  His answer was that the menu has been unchanged for years, and the place/decor could use a refresher.

Q: Corduroy

Hi Tom — You haven’t mentioned Corduroy in ages, and it’s one of my dependable favorites. Have you checked it out lately, and if so, what do you think?

A: Tom Sietsema

I visit every 16 months or so. Tom Power is a very good chef, but for awhile at least, I felt as if  he was serving the same menu he started with. (A diner can only eat lobster carpaccio so many times, you know?)  A quick glance online just now suggests he's doing some new dishes, however. I guess I need to pay Corduroy a visit.

— FEB 12, 2020 11:45 AM

For the record, lobster carpaccio is not currently on the menu.

1 hour ago, DanielK said:

This diner can eat lobster carpaccio many more times.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking monthly, although there's no need to do this given their offerings.

Hmmm, I was just wondering how busy the bar may be tonight since it is Valentine’s Day...

• Like 2