Tom's of Maine

Specifically, their "Peppermint Wave" mouthwash which lists on their ingredients, "natural flavors." This product now smacks of "natural" (vanilla?) flavoring to go along with the peppermint, and it's disgusting. Their "super tasters" haven't turned out to be so super after all.

(And this is coming from a person who can tell when his vitamin pills change the gelatin on their capsule coating. Trust me, this product (Peppermint Wave) is just plain gross at this point - vanilla and peppermint clash.)

Specifically, their "Peppermint Wave" mouthwash which lists on their ingredients, "natural flavors." This product now smacks of "natural" (vanilla?) flavoring to go along with the peppermint, and it's disgusting. Their "super tasters" haven't turned out to be so super after all.

(And this is coming from a person who can tell when his vitamin pills change the gelatin on their capsule coating. Trust me, this product (Peppermint Wave) is just plain gross at this point - vanilla and peppermint clash.)

To quote the source of all wisdom, South Park:

Sharon: Oh hi, Stanley. Look, I'm buying you some more all-natural toothpaste.

Stan: You mean the stuff that tastes like ass and doesn't fight cavities?

Screw them for putting vanilla flavoring in my mouthwash! "Peppermint Wave," indeed; this formula has changed big time.

That's because the "them" is actually Colgate. I had a chance to meet Tom Chappell several years ago, just a few years before he sold the business. But, if you need any nice, light and sustainably raised woolens, get 'em now before they go to Lands End (I mean Sears). Tom is again the man at least for now and you get some honest woolens, if not mouthwash, here*

*Back in 2001 or thereabouts when I met Tom at a lunch, and unlike his photo on the website, he had a ponytail and was the only one wearing coveralls at a Capitol Hill lunch full of suits. Liked him immediately.