DonRocks

Fishnet, Owner Ferhat Yalcin's Excellent Grilled and Fried Fish on Berwyn Road in College Park

Gee, I read Ferhat's post, and can't help thinking that these problems can, must, and will be overcome. Would anyone like to have an event there (I haven't checked with Ferhat, but I'm thinking - not some blowout that masses of people won't get, but things from the regular menu, and maybe our members can fill out evaluation forms for each dish and the meal as a whole) - I cannot believe someone as talented as Ferhat, even if there are architectural problems, can't overcome this, and I'm personally willing to throw myself behind Fishnet to make it happen. The thing is though: he needs honest criticism on everyday dishes, and maybe we all need to do the exact same meal twice, a couple weeks apart.

There is absolutely ZERO problems with the food Ferhat is putting out. The decor? There might be the difficulty. I just remember going to the pre-Valentine's dinner and insisting that we be seated as far from the front door as possible. If you remember, it was COLD in February.

Time has come;

Going Fishin' til the Fall;

Fishnet SHAW/DC will be closing its doors on Sunday August 2, 2015.(with the last service being on Saturday evening) We'll be back in the Fall with a new accessible, approachable vacation-inspired brand that we're excited to unveil to our loyal following and new guests alike. Join us to toast Fishnet and our future on Friday and Saturday.

Our entire menu including beer/wine will be half off, both on Friday and Saturday.(this also means when we run out, we are out of food or beer).

Regards,

Ferhat

• Like 1

Time has come;

Going Fishin' til the Fall;

Fishnet will be closing its doors on Sunday August 2, 2015.(with the last service being on Saturday evening)  We'll be back in the Fall with a new accessible, approachable vacation-inspired brand that we're excited to unveil to our loyal following and new guests alike. Join us to toast Fishnet and our future on Friday and Saturday.

Our entire menu including beer/wine will be half off, both on Friday and Saturday.(this also means when we run out, we are out of food or beer).

Regards,

Ferhat

Ferhat, what about College Park?

Hopefully a week from now, you'll be on a beach in Turkey.

Fishnet is going to be packed this weekend, but we owe Ferhat a happy hour gathering out of respect.

• Like 1

FINALLY made it down to Fishnet before Saturday's basketball game (I certainly don't want to talk about that) and had a wonderful grilled mahi mahi sandwich. The aioli that I got added some extra depth to both the fish and fries, but I can't for the life of me remember which one it was. Two thumbs up, will be back.

• Like 1

I wish for many things: I wish I could get to College Park more than once-in-a-blue-moon, I wish everyone would realize how great Ferhat's cuisine is, I wish people knew how much of a risk he took opening in Shaw, I wish people knew just how wonderful of a human being Ferhat is, I wish people - myself included - would just say, "to heck with it," and make a beeline towards College Park to get three-days-worth of cuisine at Fishnet.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

My husband is having lunch at Fishnet today and reports that Fishnet has a pop-up in Baltimore starting Monday the 11th and lasting through the rest of the month. It's at a dedicated pop-up space @ 301 W 29th Street. 443-347-3570. They're apparently looking for a place in Baltimore to lease for a long-term presence.

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2019 at 11:47 AM, Pat said:

They're apparently looking for a place in Baltimore to lease for a long-term presence.

Permanent home is now at Mt Vernon Marketplace!

---

Fishnet Baltimore (Ferhat Yalcin)

• Like 1

This makes me so sad. I hope my husband can make it there for lunch the last day, which is his first day of classes for the fall.

Haven’t been recently but enjoyed our visits for the first few years after they opened up. 

Good luck in Baltimore!

Yes, good luck in Baltimore!  I miss the DC location, and hope to eat here in Charmtown sometime.