The Light Horse, King and Washington Street in Old Town - Chef Adam Stein, GM Dave Pressley Is Departing

Ok so some shout outs to the Light Horse.  First it is really important to note their role in the whole Courtney and Ben saga.  I mean who knows, it may have not been as special if they didn't meet at the Light Horse, it may have never happened at all, and what is more important this time of year than love... I mean really!

Second, a shout out because the Light Horse hosted a really nice happy hour to thank the volunteers of my non-profit and it was a great success and a lot of fun.  The food was good, and everybody had a lot of fun!

• Like 2

So this year, we had an office happy hour and the Light Horse and then also had our Junior Friends happy hour there.  I feel like the Light Horse is definitely my favorite Alexandria bar, it's the type of place that if I lived closer I would be a regular.  The drinks aren't overpriced, IMHO, but there is a good selection.  There is enough space, but not too much.  They have the shuffleboard and the ski ball.  It isn't a tourist bar, it isn't a ritzy bar, it's not a dive bar, it's just a good bar.  And I feel so comfortable there.    

• Like 4

Ran into a DR member Saturday night which was fun.  We were here strictly for drinks and to "go out." My single friend wanted to not just go out but "go out." So I grabbed my Mom because she is more fun than me and a good wing man and we all went out.  My friend knows that I kind of have a crush on the Light Horse so it was an easy sell.  They had a live band so it was happening.  We had pitchers of optimal whit while I graciously schooled some men in shuffle board.  We should have eaten dinner here, but my friend wanted to get some apps at Virtue (I forgot just how coupley it is because I normally go here for Junior Friend after parties or work events.).  But next time as I think I have sold her on the fact that the Light Horse is now my bar and it might slowly turn into her bar too and maybe she will agree to get dinner here too.