Dinner on Kent Island

Kibbee Nayee

Lady Kibbee and I will be attending an event on Kent Island on July 23, but we'll get there and settle in on July 22. Without straying too far or dealing with weekend summer traffic, what are the nice dining options on Kent Island?

If a crab house is your liking there are many on Kent Island. My family loves Harris- we venture out a few times a year. www.harriscrabhouse.com/

Not on the Island itself, but just over the bridge -- Kantlers Crab House. Harris' is good too though. If you drive down Rt. 8 there is a small community that has several dining options -- it's the place where there is a small landing strip and everyone has a personal aircraft in their garage.

Lady Kibbee and I will be attending an event on Kent Island on July 23, but we'll get there and settle in on July 22. Without straying too far or dealing with weekend summer traffic, what are the nice dining options on Kent Island?

lots of choices on Kent Island. the fly-in spot mentioned is further south at Kentmorr and it's a decent family-style seafood house. can't imagine why you'd drive back across the bridge to Cantler's when Harris's, the Jetty, Kentmorr, and Fisherman's Dock are all as good for that kind of waterside, brown-paper-on-the-table seafood. and right at the Bay Bridge Marina, there's a little family-owned carry-out called the Stevensville Crab Shack that serves great crabs and good crab cakes, or any other seafood you can steam or fry if you're willing to eat at a picnic table next to the parking lot!

seriously, "nice (more upscale?) options" include the Narrows, which Joe H. says (and I agree) has one of the best crab cakes in Maryland; Bridges, which often has good jazz on weekends; and the Kent Manor Inn, in an historic plantation house. for a great place for a drink and watching the sunset over the bay try the outdoor bar at Hemingway's, recently re-opened after major remodeling, but don't eat there - bad food at high prices.