ol_ironstomach

Pizza CS, Owners Jonathan Allen and Ankur Rajpara's Fantastic Pizza in Rockville - Closing in 2020

12 hours ago, pras said:

According to the Store Reporter, they are unfortunately closing sometime in early 2020.

I might be wrong with both of these statements, but I know I'm not wrong with the third:

* This may be one of the biggest recent restaurant closing announcements in the DMV.

* This is my favorite pizza in the entire DMV right now.

* This makes me incredibly sad.

Pizza CS is currently ranked as the #1 restaurant in South Rockville in the Maryland Dining Guide.

• Like 3

I might be wrong with both of these statements, but I know I'm not wrong with the third:

I wholeheartedly agree with all three. When they close, they will be sorely, sorely missed by many. 8 years is a long run, and I could understand how exhausting that was and the need they have for a break. Here's to hoping that they take some time, find a new location (maybe one only 5 minutes from my house!), and come back with more Neapolitan-style pizzas. 

Here here!  Pour one out for Pizza CS!!  And pray they find strength to bring back their Neapolitan pies somewhere. 

Don't shy away from going soon! It's closing next year but not right away, said the guy taking orders who always remembers we take gorgonzola on our pizzas.

• Like 2

Jonny told me the other day that, while they weren't ready to share a date, "you'll be wearing shorts."

I told Jonny and Ankur that I would arrange a DR gathering as the date gets closer. We can pack the place, right?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DanielK said:

Jonny told me the other day that, while they weren't ready to share a date, "you'll be wearing shorts."

I told Jonny and Ankur that I would arrange a DR gathering as the date gets closer. We can pack the place, right?

Yes.

Paid a visit to Pizza CS this week.  Here is my Margherita pizza with pepperoni.  Loved it.  Rich tomato and a fantastic crust.  Paired with a Jailbreak hefeweizen.  There are no two words more delicious to say together than 'pepperoni cups.'  I hope there are more pies like this in my future

Pizza_CS.png.11f1f4bfd5fc1b9863f6be1e8fbde0e7.png

• Like 6