Win $40 Dinner at Zentan (maybe even $50)

DonRocks

Tomorrow morning, I will be announcing a raffle. Cost of buying a ticket: zero. Potential winnings: quite small. Importance to website: considerable.

Beginning today, right now, every single person who posts a new topic in our new Professionals and Business forum will receive a chance to win my BGR Groupon for a free hamburger! A $7 value, this Groupon still has almost two weeks of life left before it expires on September 30th, so you'll have a full seven days to use it. The winner will also be getting their very own Email, sent personally by me, and announcing the gifting of the Groupon. There is no cost to enter this raffle!

Offer ends Friday, September 23, at 12 noon. One entry per thread started, multiple threads per user permissible to a maximum of three, Winner will be announced by random draw by 1 PM. Offer subject to rules and restrictions, please read FAQ before posting.

Beginning today, right now, every single person who posts a new topic in our new Professionals and Business forum will receive a chance to win my BGR Groupon for a free hamburger! A $7 value, this Groupon still has almost two weeks of life left before it expires on September 30th, so you'll have a full seven days to use it. The winner will also be getting their very own Email, sent personally by me, and announcing the gifting of the Groupon. There is no cost to enter this raffle!

Offer ends Friday, September 23, at 12 noon. One entry per thread started, multiple threads per user permissible to a maximum of three, Winner will be announced by random draw by 1 PM. Offer subject to rules and restrictions, please read FAQ before posting.

Reminder: Go use your Voucher!

Drawing is tomorrow at noon(-ish) and will be done live (!) using a random-number generator. You still have a chance, and I remind people that they can have up to three entries. The more you play, the better the odds of winning!

Okay the deadline has passed; unfortunately I don't have time to do the raffle right now on this little iPad because I have to run and pick up Matt. Please wait until about 4 PM, and I will do it then. I know the suspense is killing everyone, but the results will be worth it! Back in three hours, and if you missed this opportunity, stay tuned because all posts entered in the Professionals and Businesses forum between 12 noon today and Monday at 5 PM will have two (2!) chances to win one of my Capitol Deal coupons to KAZ SUSHI BISTRO - each having a thirty dollar value - and both also expiring on September 30th so you'll need to use them next week. And you thought I was a cheap bastard. Let the fun begin!

PS I didn't even remember I was a Capitol Deal member until I got a warning message about these things a couple of days ago so this isn't some sort of Grand Strategy I'm employing. I went to Kaz last night and didn't have the heart to pull out a coupon in front of him, so you can reap the benefits from me being a wuss.

Okay the deadline has passed; unfortunately I don't have time to do the raffle right now on this little iPad because I have to run and pick up Matt. Please wait until about 4 PM, and I will do it then. I know the suspense is killing everyone, but the results will be worth it! Back in three hours, and if you missed this opportunity, stay tuned because all posts entered in the Professionals and Businesses forum between 12 noon today and Monday at 5 PM will have two (2!) chances to win one of my Capitol Deal coupons to KAZ SUSHI BISTRO - each having a thirty dollar value - and both also expiring on September 30th so you'll need to use them next week. And you thought I was a cheap bastard. Let the fun begin!

PS I didn't even remember I was a Capitol Deal member until I got a warning message about these things a couple of days ago so this isn't some sort of Grand Strategy I'm employing. I went to Kaz last night and didn't have the heart to pull out a coupon in front of him, so you can reap the benefits from me being a wuss.

Right! So, here goes ... would someone, independent of me, like to use random.org and execute the drawing? First responder gets the honor ...

The second responder gets the list of candidates. Once the first responder has chosen the number, the second responder can chime in with the winner.

---

ETA Hurry up and respond.

Edited by DonRocks

Right! So, here goes ... would someone, independent of me, like to use random.org and execute the drawing? First responder gets the honor ...

The second responder gets the list of candidates. Once the first responder has chosen the number, the second responder can chime in with the winner.

---

ETA Hurry up and respond.

Respond!

Hand up

Okay, as soon as the second responder responds, I'll send them a PM with the names ... at that time, please go to random.org, and enter "1" for the Min, and "7" for the Max, and see what number is generated.

All this for a burger, I know, I know, but this weekend, two people are going to have a very high chance of winning a $30 coupon to Kaz, so this is sort of a preliminary thing.

Okay, as soon as the second responder responds, I'll send them a PM with the names ... at that time, please go to random.org, and enter "1" for the Min, and "7" for the Max, and see what number is generated.

All this for a burger, I know, I know, but this weekend, two people are going to have a very high chance of winning a $30 coupon to Kaz, so this is sort of a preliminary thing.

OK. Hopefully a 2nd responder responds soon. I have only a short time before I'll need to log off. Standing by...

Number is.....7

1. booklovingbabe

2. Scott Johnston

3. Xochitl10

4. johnb

5. Xochitl10 (she had two posts, so gets two entries)

6. Ferhat Yalcin

7. Crackpot Gourmet

(List was in chronological order this time around; won't be next time around.)

Crackpot Gourmet wins. Crackpot, send me your email address, and I'll gift you my Groupon.

Okay, NOW ... between now and Monday at 5 PM, every post (up to three per person) gets one entry in the Kaz Sushi Bistro sweepstakes ... there are two $30 coupons to win. Participation is pretty low on weekends, so anyone who posts is going to have a pretty darned good chance of winning one (although I emphasize: these coupons expire on September 30th, so you have to use them by next Friday). Also, I guess out of fairness, one person can't win both coupons.

Just as a random observation, at the current rate of posts, the odds of winning Monday's raffle are hovering at around 100%. :mellow:

Lottery ends at 5 PM today (remember, coupons expire September 30th). If it were to end right now, the odds of winning would be 40%.

Okay ... 9 posts since last Friday (not all of which have been approved, but I'll include those in the raffle and approve them later tonight).

So ... can someone other than me use www.random.org and use 1 as the Min, 9 as the Max, and post the results?

Since there are 2 prizes, and only 1 prize per person, maybe do it 3 times in case the first 2 equate to the same person. Whoever posts it first on this thread ... it's official! I'll announce the results later and email the winners.

(I've emailed a member my methodology for selecting the list ... unlike last time, it's not in chronological order so whoever generates the numbers has no way of knowing).

Random Sequence Generator

Here is your sequence:

Timestamp: 2011-09-26 22:31:04 UTC

Okay I emailed RWBooneJr. at 6:18 PM and told him this time it would be in alphabetical order by member name, so ... we have:

1 booklovingbabe

2 booklovingbabe

3 ferhat yalcin

4 foodtrip

5 ktmoomau

6 monavano

7 thetrain

8 thetrain

9 Xochitl10

So the winners are thetrain and monavano - congratulations!

Please PM me your email addresses so I can gift you your $30 Kaz coupons. And be aware: they expire September 30th and Kaz is CROWDED this week because of it, so reserve early.

Okay, this week's raffle, starting! Right! Now!

A $40 Groupon for Addie's, expires Friday, October 7th, so must be used by Friday $30 Groupon for Tavira, expires March 1, 2012.

Contest begins now and runs through WednesdayFriday at noon.

Rules:

Only members who can write to the Professionals and Businesses forum (www.not-yelp.com) can enter.

Up to three entries per member.

Each new thread or post to the forum counts as one entry.

Contest is only open to people who haven't won one of the previous two contests

Drawing will be done on Wednesday at noon in a random fashion.

Please read FAQ carefully - only accepted posts may qualify.

Good luck and thanks for playing

(My posts will not be subject for entry).

The threads entered thus far are being nicely picked up by Google, and, over time, will result in a great amount of business for the people you're supporting!

Okay, this week's raffle, starting! Right! Now!

A $40 Groupon for Addie's, expires Friday, October 7th, so must be used by Friday $30 Groupon for Tavira, expires March 1, 2012.

Contest begins now and runs through WednesdayFriday at noon.

Rules:

Only members who can write to the Professionals and Businesses forum (www.not-yelp.com) can enter.

Up to three entries per member.

Each new thread or post to the forum counts as one entry.

Contest is only open to people who haven't won one of the previous two contests

Drawing will be done on Wednesday at noon in a random fashion.

Please read FAQ carefully - only accepted posts may qualify.

Good luck and thanks for playing

(My posts will not be subject for entry).

The threads entered thus far are being nicely picked up by Google, and, over time, will result in a great amount of business for the people you're supporting!

I've been advised by management that Addie's is completely booked this week, so ... I'm going to nix the Addie's Groupon and give away a $30 Living Social coupon to Tavira which expires NEXT MARCH 1ST so you have plenty of time to use it! Same rules apply, but, now entries will be accepted until Friday at noon.

I've been advised by management that Addie's is completely booked this week, so ... I'm going to nix the Addie's Groupon and give away a $30 Living Social coupon to Tavira which expires NEXT MARCH 1ST so you have plenty of time to use it! Same rules apply, but, now entries will be accepted until Friday at noon.

Only ---> 17 <--- more hours left to enter the raffle to win a $30 Living Social coupon for Tavira. In his chat today, Washington Post Food Critic Tom Sietsema writes about Tavira, "Three cheers for the basement restaurant with the great service and the kicky chicken!"

Click here, and then click on "Start New Topic!"

Could someone please run a random number generator using 1 as a MIN and 5 as a MAX, and print the result here? (There's only one prize this week, so only one number is needed.) I just emailed the number->name table to a trusted member as my witness.

And! Between now and this Friday at 2 PM, everyone who posts on not-yelp.com will receive one chance to win a $40 Bloomspot coupon for Ethiopic, a restaurant Todd Kliman says has "the best lega tibs I have ever had, and the best Ethiopian cooking you're going to find in the city at the moment." Well, there you go!

Forty bucks! Expires October 31st. All you need to do is post (read rules for above contests, read the FAQ in the forum, maximum three entries per person, all rules and restrictions blah blah blah).

True Random Number Generator

Min: 1

Max: 5

Result: