Sofia

Joe Riley

I can't believe that the Post is just now covering this, since it's been on the market since last year...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5121001426.html

Let me tell you that this stuff is a triumph of marketing and packaging over substance. I'd say that 90% of the people who I know have tried it agree with me that this stuff is dreck.

I've never tried it out of the 750ml bottles, and our store does carry both but, good Lord, this canned stuff is a gimmick, pure and simple. I would imagine that a lot of people who try it won't buy it a second time.

Still, I have to give them credit for trying something different.

And why did the article insist upon placing Pearson's in Georgetown? Last I looked, it was square in the middle of Glover Park.

I can't believe that the Post is just now covering this, since it's been on the market since last year...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5121001426.html

Let me tell you that this stuff is a triumph of marketing and packaging over substance.  I'd say that 90% of the people who I know have tried it agree with me that this stuff is dreck.

but if you mix it with Red Bull.........

And why did the article insist upon placing Pearson's in Georgetown?  Last I looked, it was square in the middle of Glover Park.

If South Gaithersburg can be called North Potomac, and South Rockville, North Bethesda, why can't Glover Park be called Georgetown.

I am embarressed to admit that I have tried Sophia out of a can, it had a unique metalic flavor I was not used to finding in a sparkling wine. I have not had a second try.

I saw that article, but with limited time in my life, I had to choose to take the time to read it, or use that time to remove my toenails. It was a tough choice, but let me tell you, my feet feel really light and free!

Perhaps, though, someone who read the article could let me know if they gave a reason why people (Americans, solely, I presume?) think they need such shit?

I saw that article, but with limited time in my life, I had to choose to take the time to read it, or use that time to remove my toenails.  It was a tough choice, but let me tell you, my feet feel really light and free!

Perhaps, though, someone who read the article could let me know if they gave a reason why people (Americans, solely, I presume?) think they need such shit?

To quote the Thin White Duke -- FASHION! (turn to the left)