Thomas Sweet, 32nd and P Street in Georgetown

Does anyone know particulars on Thomas Sweets in Georgetown? I haven't been there in a couple of years, but it was our go-to summer evening ice cream source when K was growing up.

Take with the requisite grain of salt since has been a few (maybe even five) years since I've been there. I haven't gone back since because it didn't get my thumbs up when I checked it out (both by tasting and asking). Either they were buying from another source, making it themselves with suspect ingredients or wouldn't answer questions. Dolcezza's G'Town outpost is, of course, practically across the street and we know what they're doing :mellow:

Does anyone know particulars on Thomas Sweets in Georgetown? I haven't been there in a couple of years, but it was our go-to summer evening ice cream source when K was growing up.

The original Thomas Sweet shop was located in New Hope, PA. (Yes, I know, I'm harping on about Bucks County again!) This represented the first "mix ins" ice cream place in the greater Philly metro area and it was an outrageous concept for those times. As a kid, I loved that I could have my favorite candy mixed into ice cream. My much wiser parents knew better....it just didn't compare to the half dozen or so real dairy ice creams available in the area at the time (Goodnoe's, Chubby's to name a few.) Tanner's is the last one standing as far as I know...