Restaurant Week - January 9th-15th, 2006

Demvtr

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What will Notti Bianche do for RW?

as with the past rw, a limited menu will be offered for lunch. the full menu will be available at dinner with some surcharges. we will also be offering a wine pairing option for an additional $10.

tony and i are going to be putting our heads together to see if there are some other fun things we might be able to offer.

as with the past rw, a limited menu will be offered for lunch. the full menu will be available at dinner with some surcharges. we will also be offering a wine pairing option for an additional $10.

tony and i are going to be putting our heads together to see if there are some other fun things we might be able to offer.

We have a group of 6 coming in on Tuesday night. I've never been to Notti Bianche before so I'm really looking forward to it!

We have a group of 6 coming in on Tuesday night.  I've never been to Notti Bianche before so I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm especially excited about the $10 wine pairing at NB. Perhaps NewFoodie and I can recruit some future Rockweilders from our group. I miss the old Nectar, but I'm sure Notti Bianche will help me forget it.

Mon: Spouse's choice, as yet unmade (It's her b-day.)

Tue: Recover from Monday.

Wed: IndeBleu

Thu: Recover from Wednesday.

Fri: Acadiana

Sat: Eat mac and cheese from a box.

Sun: Eat leftover mac and cheese from a box.

It's my birthday too! We will be at Corduroys. Is theirs a special menu? Anyone know? Doesn't matter to me, as long as the regular menu is also available.

It's my birthday too! We will be at Corduroys. Is theirs a special menu? Anyone know? Doesn't matter to me, as long as the regular menu is also available.

Happy birthday to you, then! My wife has chosen B. Smith's for her birthday dinner. I tried to nudge her in the direction of Vidalia -- or even Georgia Brown's -- but to no avail. Our one experience at B. Smith's was good, though, notwithstanding some contrary stories here on the site.

Anyone have any Mendocino Grille reports from restaurant week? Maybe about 3 or 4 RWs ago people were touting it as a good choice, and I always wanted to try it but I kept bumping it in favor of other places.

Should I try it this time around, or would its sibling Sonoma perhaps be the better choice?

Anyone have any Mendocino Grille reports from restaurant week? Maybe about 3 or 4 RWs ago people were touting it as a good choice, and I always wanted to try it but I kept bumping it in favor of other places.

Should I try it this time around, or would its sibling Sonoma perhaps be the better choice?

I'd imagine that Mendocino would offer a better value than Sonoma, since it is a little more expensive, and is more oriented to the appetizer, entree dessert style of dining that RW is designed around.

Anyone know if Corduroy is extending an extra week?

I screwed up royally and my plane lands at 8:38 pm on Saturday night--not enough time to get to Corduroy for a 9 pm reservation. Next available time is 10:30 pm and I'm not eating that late.

I'll post before I cancel on Opentable to give a DRer first shop at grabbing it...

Sigh...

Jennifer

What's the matter Nadya, got a "thong twist" coming on?

Always kidding around with me like this....you know very well I don't wear any.

Before your drool spilleth over, remember Rocks' recommendations re: smartcracks on the nekkid lady poster.

Thanks for asking about our plans.

Mendocino is a Restaurant Week participant, but unlike many establishments, we offer our complete menu with 'supplemental' charges on some higher-cost items. You can stay within the restaurant week price parameters if you're budget conscious, but if you want to spend a few extra dollars, you can 'upgrade' your selection at little cost.

Here is the link to the mostly current menu: http://www.mendocinodc.com/dinner.pdf

Please keep in mind that Mendocino is open for dinner only. A quick thanks to Exec Chef Drew Trautmann and GM Troy Bock, as this will be our first RW as a Washingtonian "100 Very Best" restaurant since our acquisition 2 years ago.

Sonoma is NOT participating simply because our typical check average is BELOW restaurant week pricing. We tried to make it work over the summer, but for the most part, a combination of 3 items at our regular prices, was the same as the RW week promotion.

As consolation, I'll offer a complimentary glass of wine at Sonoma during RW to any registered DR members - just shoot me an email offline and I'll send you an email to present to the manager.

Best,

Eli

What will Notti Bianche do for RW?

our new winter menu starts tonight, i would post a link to the website but it is still in the process of being updated. it should be current by morning. for restaurant week, our entire menu will be available with a few surcharges (most will be $2, none more than $5) for the more expensive items.

in addition to the restaurant week pricing, we will be offering two wine specials – 1) a $10 wine pairing option and 2)discounts from 10-20% on about half of the bottles on our wine list.

happy new year.

our new winter menu starts tonight, i would post a link to the website but it is still in the process of being updated.  it should be current by morning.  for restaurant week, our entire menu will be available with a few surcharges (most will be $2, none more than $5) for the more expensive items. 

in addition to the restaurant week pricing, we will be offering two wine specials – 1) a $10 wine pairing option and 2)discounts from 10-20% on about half of the bottles on our wine list. 

happy new year.

That did it! I just snagged a ressie through Open Table. Wait til Craig founds out that we are eating out THREE times in one week!

How will the wine pairing work? Is that $10 per glass or $10 for a glass with app and glass with entree? Just curious :)

How will the wine pairing work?  Is that $10 per glass or $10 for a glass with app and glass with entree?  Just curious  :)

the details on the wine pairing: for an additional $10, each course will be served with a "pairing portion" glass of wine (a touch larger than a 1/2 glass, not quite a full glass). dessert will be served with a tasting portion of graham's 6grape port, or our signature dessert cocktail - scintilare limon (a blend of housemade limoncello, and prosecco).

the details on the wine pairing: for an additional $10, each course will be served with a "pairing portion" glass of wine (a touch larger than a 1/2 glass, not quite a full glass).  dessert will be served with a tasting portion of graham's 6grape port, or our signature dessert cocktail - scintilare limon (a blend of housemade limoncello, and prosecco).

"Oh, Danny Boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling . . ." I'm wondering if we will see "Reservations at Notti Bianche" for sale on Ebay? :):oB)

the details on the wine pairing: for an additional $10, each course will be served with a "pairing portion" glass of wine (a touch larger than a 1/2 glass, not quite a full glass).  dessert will be served with a tasting portion of graham's 6grape port, or our signature dessert cocktail - scintilare limon (a blend of housemade limoncello, and prosecco).

Gah! Too bad I'm coming for lunch in the middle of the day and a total lightweight.

At Dino, we are offering the full menu for RW. You can have any dish up to $12.00 for your first course. You can have any dish for your entree and any dessert for your dessert. Rockwelians, Rockweilers and Rockwelders get a welcoming glass ofprosecco on the house. We will have 2 three wine pairings, one for $10 and one for $15. Each will include a choice of white or red for appetizers, a white or red for mains, and a dessert wine.

At Dino, we are offering the full menu for RW. You can have any dish up to $12.00 for your first course.  You can have any dish for your entree and any dessert for your dessert. Rockwelians, Rockweilers and Rockwelders get a welcoming glass ofprosecco on the house.  We will have 2 three wine pairings, one for $10 and one for $15.  Each will include a choice of white or red for appetizers, a white or red for mains, and a dessert wine.

Thanks Dean - kudos to both you guys and the folks at Notti Bianchi for upping the ante to include wine pairings...

Yes, many thanks to Elias, Danny, and Dean for your thorough responses. I don't know if I speak for others, but when choosing new places to try during RW, the ones I pick are the ones that don't hold back on the menu. Out of all the upscale restaurants I frequent in the city, the majority were ones I first visited through this promotion.

I have now found Restaurant Week to be less about getting out to new restaurants I haven't tried and more about getting *my friends* out to new restaurants *they* haven't tried. I've had really fantastic and really terrible meals at RW places. So I use it as a scheduling crowbar more than a sampling opportunity.

And I heartily agree about the bargain-priced wine pairing, it is a very nice addition to the experience.

For those that want to know, here is IndeBleu's RW dinner menu:

appetizer

shaved vegetables and greens

with orange lemon grass dressing and spiced cashew nuts

crispy wild mushroom dosa

with bleu cheese gratin and truffle oil

duck confit samosa on apple chutney

with rum raisin jus and greens

mains

white cassoulet of chicken confit, boudin blanc

and navy beans

ginger studded stripe bass with sautéed spinach

and fenugreek tomato sauce

fried green plantain on braised young vegetables

with tamarind jus

dessert

chocolate mint ice cream with

cardamom hot fudge sauce and peppermint bark

rose water panna cotta with mango

ice cream and mango foam

$30.06

Thanks for posting that. IndeBleu just called to confirm my ressie for next week. Decisions, decisions... :)

Are there any other RW menus posted out there?

They just called to confirm mine as well. That's when I asked them for the menu.

Thanks for posting that. IndeBleu just called to confirm my ressie for next week. Decisions, decisions... :)

Tosca has theirs posted here. Looks wonderful - veal cheeks baby! (I'll be there RW Friday.) Edited by crackers

Here is Rasika's (and you owe me! My head is still spinning from having to go through their site to get this :) )

Alright, I gave up on trying to copy the dinner menu - it is different/longer with more choices than the lunch offering. Anyway, here's lunch - both are posted on their website under "Events"

Lunch

Appetizers

Spicy Reshmi Kebab

Seekh Kebab

Tawa Fish

Sev Puri

Entrees

Chicken Makhani

Lamb Dahiwala

Tandoori Salmon

Palak Makki/Kashmiri Vegetable Curry

all served w/bread and rice

Desserts

Home made sorbet/ice cream

Gulub jamun with saffron cream

Apple Jalebi (beignet) with cardamom ice cream

I'm having lunch there on Monday so I'll report back...

Edited by goldenticket

Does anyone plan to give up either their Friday or Saturday reservation? Please let me know before you do so. Or I'd be willing to trade my IndeBleu (Friday @ 7:30 for 2 (but could try to switch to 4 if needed)) for a Vidalia, Galileo, DC Coast/Tenpenh, etc.

Thanks!

Vegetate just emailed out the RW menu:

First Course

Wild Mushroom Trio

wild mushroom baba, tempura oyster mushroom,

and enoki mushroom salad

or

Smokey Tomato Bisque

with a balsamic reduction

and grilled croustade

Second Course

White Bean Cassoulet

with roasted turnips and rutabaga, smoked Portobello mushrooms, and braised tofu-topped with toasted bread crumbs and a grainy mustard aioli

or

Truffled Crispy Fingerling Potatoes and Roasted Wild Mushrooms

with braised leeks, porcini vinaigrette, and arugula salad

Third Course

Dark Chocolate Cake

with caramel "creme anglaise" and raspberry coulis

topped with shaved chocolate

or

Pineapple and Dried Cherry Fruit Crisp

with oatmeal crumbs and coconut sorbet