sphere777

Little Serow, East Dupont Circle - Isaan and Lanna (Northern Thai) Cuisine by the Owners of Komi

15 hours ago, DonRocks said:

If you haven't yet been to Little Serow, it remains one of the most important restaurants in all of Washington, DC, given its regional emphasis, its almost-humorously low price-point, its  impeccable service, and its consistently superior quality. I compare it to Tail-Up Goat or 2 Amys as much as I do any other restaurant, even though those three restaurants simply couldn't be any more different.

Well, you just named my favorite three restaurants in town.  I must be doing something right.

• Like 3

Has anyone been here lately and noticed a small snack menu near the business cards at the podium? I quickly scanned this thread and didn't see any mention. I had dinner here a few weeks ago and it wasn't handed out at the table/counter so they're probably not supplements to the set menu. I remember asking about it on my way out but can't remember the answer. Maybe it's for guests waiting for their tables to clear? Or takeout?

Very short menu:

kanom bung na gapi (shrimp toast) $7pp   <--- YASSS

prik gluea (sour fruit + salted chili) $4pp

khai luk khoei (son-in-law eggs) $4pp

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, guanabana said:

Has anyone been here lately and noticed a small snack menu near the business cards at the podium? I quickly scanned this thread and didn't see any mention. I had dinner here a few weeks ago and it wasn't handed out at the table/counter so they're probably not supplements to the set menu. I remember asking about it on my way out but can't remember the answer. Maybe it's for guests waiting for their tables to clear? Or takeout?

Very short menu:

kanom bung na gapi (shrimp toast) $7pp   <--- YASSS

prik gluea (sour fruit + salted chili) $4pp

khai luk khoei (son-in-law eggs) $4pp

Have had the first two--both delicious.

2 hours ago, Marty L. said:

Have had the first two--both delicious.

Marty, did you have them as part of the regular menu, or as part of this mysterious menu?

3 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Marty, did you have them as part of the regular menu, or as part of this mysterious menu?

I've had them as comps during the meal.  The new "mysterious" menu is designed for those waiting for a table.