University Food Degrees

mdt

Looks like new sorts of food related degrees are starting up at various universities. I know that BU offers a MS in Gastronomy and now my alma mater is offering a Culinology Degree Program (info here). Does this mean better things for us in the future, or just better engineeer food products?

Cornell has a well-regarded program.

I attended a different undergraduate program at Cornell, but witnessed "hotelies" as they were called working extremely hard. To some, it sounds like a cushy major, but I saw otherwise. One of the cool programs run by the hotel school is a semester-long course that involves rotating teams of students taking leadership of the Statler Hotel's restaurant. The team (four students each, I think) supervises the menu, the cooking, the reservations, server instruction, you name it - assigning classmates different roles.

Edited by JLK

A friend attended the Culinary Institute of America www.ciachef.edu in Hyde Park, New York and highly recommend for anyone interested in either cooking or the business side of running a restaurant.

The school also offers boot camp classes throughout the year where you can go to New York and train under the school's highly acclaimed instructors.

A friend attended the Culinary Institute of America www.ciachef.edu in Hyde Park, New York and highly recommend for anyone interested in either cooking or the business side of running a restaurant.

The school also offers boot camp classes throughout the year where you can go to New York and train under the school's highly acclaimed instructors.

Some of our esteemed DR.com members are graduates of CIA.